「59th period」: distraction time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

Going at it with everything you've got, blowing through walls with both brute force and intelligence. The greater the wall, the more you needed to over come things. That was my style of fighting.

That had been my style, until there was no wall to jump over. It was so easy to loose motivation.

I was trapped in a box.

This time, I built the walls, it wasn't me behind it.

I had them brick per brick and piece by piece. Because no one else could overcome them. Well, no one else was supposed to.

But, Karma, the epitome of trouble itself, just decided to throw a grenade to my side of the wall---

Focus, Iroha, there's no use getting distracted now, I reminded myself, finishing the last remaining questions there were.

︎✖︎︎●✖︎

I sighed.

Icould barely keep my sanity in check throughout the whole day.

The test was one thing, but having to recall that incident with Karma over and over again distracted the fuck out of me.

I almost thought I'd fail if kept going with such a pace.

And now, Nakamura thought it would be fun, to celebrate right after taking the exam.

This didn't feel right.

It was too odd for three people to celebrate without the rest of the class, I thought as their gazes continued to pierce me.

"Iroha-chan, you've been ignoring Karma-kun for nearly a week. You had a fight, didn't you?" Okuda, being as blunt as ever, was the first one to ask.

Well, that did happen. And ever since then, being near him had a bad effect on my heart. Even if it was just a joke, that was going too far.

"Nothing much. I just got sick of the banters we always had, I guess" I lied to them.

"Heh?~ That's unusual. Why is that?" Nakamura pried.

I tried thinking of a plausible answer, biting on another donut.

"That guy always picks on me. What did I ever do to him?".

Nakamura smirked, "Don't boys bully the person they like?~".