「85th period」: payback time

K A R M A   A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

They were definitely trying to break us up, I figured seeing as throughout the whole day, they've been doing everything they could to stop me from approaching the midget or vice versa.

Whenever I attempted to talk to her, the girls would beat me to it and drag her else where. It was either that, or the guys would pull me away from her and distract me with the stupidest excuses they could pull off.

I would have kept my cool if Iroha was so oblivious to what was happening, but no, the girl knew something was up and even decided to play along with them.

The fact that even Nagisa was covering up for them just added fuel to the fire, and when I asked Nakamura what they were up to, the girl just brushed me off with a smug smirk.

When the octopus declared class was over, I was at my last straw.

Two could play it that game.

"Iroha! Let's stop by the arcade on out way home~" I said, audible enough for the girls who were just about to leave the classroom with her to hear.

"Karma" I heard Nagisa mutter my name.

"You're voice is too loud" Iroha told me.

"So, what do you say?" I asked her, only to get interrupted by Yada and the others.

"Uwah! Iroha-chan, we're going to karaoke today, right?"

"Ehh..." she sweat dropped. "Actually, I made plans with Okuda, Kayano and Kanzaki".

I gave her a look as if to ask what the fuck she was up to.

"Besides I promised to meet up with you tomorrow, right?" she reminded me, only to earn complaints from the girls.

"Eh? The entire class is going to hang out after school tomorrow" Nakamura lied, and I swore I felt my vein pop.

"That's it, what's up? No one's going home until everyone spills the beans" I declared, and everyone immediately averted eye contact.

"A-Ah...You see... we were trying to stop Iroha from confessing to you" Okano admitted, and the bluenette and I looked at each other.

"You were going to confess to me?".

"Ha? No. Why would I?" She returned the same confused look, I thought I saw majority of the class sigh in relief.

"In the first place, why would you try to stop her?".

"Because the class thinks that it'd be terrifying if you two hooked up with each other" Nagisa finally answered.

"Who in the world gave you that idea?" I queried, putting two and two together and realizing that their entire plan was in vain.

"Terasaka" Itona answered casually, putting the blame on the muscle head.

"Oi! Itona! Don't point fingers just like that! Everyone was on this!" Terasaka defended himself.

"Well, sorry to burst you bubble but we're already going out" Iroha sighed. "I thought you guys were trying to make us break up, rather, I never expected that you guys didn't know".