「14th period」: accident time

I T O N A H O R I B E
堀部 糸成
student no. 28

The least thing I expected to happen for the day wasn't the fact that Iroha's gone missing, but it was probably how I coincidentally caught a sports committee member before she fell flat unto the floor.

"Klutz" I scoffed, loosening my grip on her shoulders as we both looked at the boxes that fell out of her arms.

She immediately placed a distance between us before bowing her head to apologize. "I-I'm so sorry!".

I then realized who it was, recalling how I dragged her into the exhibition I was playing in. "Ah, it's you".

"Oh" she remembered as well, giving me a sheepish smile.

Terasaka gave off a dumb look, which made Yoshida spell it out for them. "She's the girl you dragged into the race, right, Itona?".

"Yeah" I agreed, before looking back at the girl.

"If you couldn't possibly carry something like that, you should just give up on your job" I blurted out.

"Itona, that's not how you talk to a girl" Hazama scolded me while Yoshida and Muramatsu picked up the two big boxes the girl dropped.

"Excuse him, he has a pretty sharp tongue" Muramatsu turned to the girl, smiling sheepishly.

It's not like I meant to offend her, I wanted to tell him.

"Umm. I-It's okay" she stammered nervously, "It's not like he's in the wrong, anyways".

"I could help you with those, if you want" I offered instead. "After all, you helped me during the exhibition".

"I-It's fine, I could take these by myself" she insisted, taking both of boxes from the guys.

I took the box on top, ignoring her opinion, "I don't want to be the reason you make your way to the infirmary".

"But---", the girl almost complained if she weren't cut off by Terasaka.

"Hey, wait, Itona! We're trying to find Iroha remember?" Terasaka reminded me.

"You can probably manage finding her yourselves" I waved them off.

The girl looked back at them, stopping in her tracks.

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"U-Um...By any chance " she asked us hesitantly, "Are you talking about Inukai Iroha-san?".

"Yeah. You know her?" Terasaka returned the question.

"She used to be pretty popular, so I do. Anyways, she's sleeping outside, near the art room. I believe, A-Akabane-san found her" she told us.

"You know Karma?" Yoshida asked, but the girl shook her head.

"A-Akabane-san's kinda infamous, isn't he?" She said sheepishly. "Ah! But it's not that I believe in the rumors or anything---You guys are from Class E, right?".