「31st period」: future time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

I laid down under a tree, contemplating on what I should do with my life.

Basically, throughout the week all I've been doing was skipping class and running away from the octopus. Normally, he'd catch me with his mach speed, but I would always shrug him off with excuses when he asked for my future planning survey.

I'd tell him stuff like "Oh, I thought you had it?", "Oops, I left it at home", "I'm pretty sure I placed it in my bag but---", when in reality the sheet of paper was crumpled and nearly torn due to the number of erasures I had.

"The future, huh?" I mumbled.

Will there even be one?, I thought, 4 more months and the earth would be blown up by that octopus.

"Iroha, you've been staying here?" Itona's voice cut me off from my train of thought.

"You're skipping, as well?" I asked him.

"Not exactly. It's break time, I thought I could catch my breath" he told me.

"Ah, I know right" I sighed.

"Is that rumor true?" he asked me out of the blue.

"What rumor?".

"The one about you transferring to Class D" he replied.

I stared at him blankly. "No, rather than that, I've been arguing with Asano at a whole new level".

And then there's still the dread of needing to complete the stupid survey.

"I see. Uh, by the way, they told me to tell you to go back if ever I find you" Itona told me. "Kataoka has something to give you".

I sighed. It's not like I can avoid them forever.

"Alright. Thanks for telling me".

✖︎●✖︎

"A future planning survey?" I looked at the sheet of paper Kataoka gave me.

"I heard you lost yours" She told me. "If you lost it, you could've just said so you know. Korosensei won't be mad because of something like that".

It wasn't like I lost it.

"You're right. Thanks" I told her before returning to my seat.

Okuda turned to face me once I sat down, and Nagisa and the bunch checked on me as well.

"You really haven't thought about it at all, have you?" Sugino looked at my blank future planning survey.

"That was due ages ago~" Karma smirked, clearly mocking me.

"You don't need to feel pressured, Iroha-chan" Okuda tried to comfort me.

"Iroha, you've comforted me during that incident with my mom just by telling me to do whatever I wanted to. You're right, if it's your decision, I'm sure you won't regret it" Nagisa assured me. Even if I told him that it's wasn't like I knew what I wanted.