「65th period」: back to normal time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

In the midst of the silence, as we walked our way home in the sunset, Iroha blurted out suddenly, "I think I have a fever".

"What are you talking about?" I asked, knowing how ridiculous it sounded when I placed a hand on her forehead. "It's not warm at all. Aren't you just blushing Iroha-chan?~".

If it was even possible, her face got even redder when I held her hand as we continued to walk towards my place.

The blunette, was probably drowning in embarrassment, whereas I could finally declare that my composure was back to normal.

"Rot in hell, Bakabane" she mumbled quite shyly before drifting back into dead silence.

Who would've thought it'd be this awkward, though?, I thought.

She used to be the girl I always fought with, the girl whom I had daily banters with. We were like oil and water, and for a portion of my life I never thought that there'd come a day that I was to fall for her. It used to be just a mere playful interest, who knew it'd result to this.

"You're back to your usual mean self, huh?" the blunette sighed in misery.

There were always to things to Iroha: whether she was to be blunt as fuck, or her typical dishonest self.

"Well, if you really want to know, I love pissing you off" I smirked, quite relieved that we were able to hang around each other once again.

"I really don't get you", she looked at me flatly, almost as if to deadpan, "In other words, you kissed me because of an irresistible urge to get on my nerves?".

"Yes~" I teased her.

There was no way in hell that I was going to admit that I was simply jealous, or that I could barely control myself around her, or that I get on her nerves to catch her attention---

"Well, there were other reasons. But let's say that's the gist of it" I said, messing around with her a bit more, "to top it off, you finally admitted you like me~".

Ah.

She turned crimson in a second.

"Heh?~" I decided to fluster her even more, "You're blushing after all the courage you had to confess?~".

"Shut up" she punched my arm.

I guess this wasn't so bad. It was pretty amusing after all.

"So, do you want to go out?" I asked, only to receive a quiet nod from the flustered girl.

︎✖︎︎●✖︎

A few days after, during homeroom, Isogai declared an announcement to the class.

"A drama festival?!" nearly everyone exclaimed.

I got myself a bright idea, approaching both Iroha and Sugaya.

Maehara complained, "Now, when we're about to take the high school entrance exams?"

"We just can't catch a break" Kimura sighed.