「93rd period」: party crasher time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 22

It struck so suddenly, right when the octopus was about to blow out the candle in front of him. From the distance, there stood the two familiar people we never yearned to see again.

Throughout the entire year, their existence itself spoke of trouble, and now, not only was it bad enough, but just seeing the two together, absolutely meant that the night wasn't going to end peacefully at all.

"Happy Birthday" the man in white greeted, earning surprised expressions from everyone as soon as we had the opportunity to react.

"Shiro—no!" Terasaka corrected himself before Korosensei beat him to it.

"Yanagisawa" the octopus recognized the him, all seriousness present in the tone of his voice.

"The time is ripe. Let me give you the gift of the world's cruelest death" the hooded man most likely referred to the zippered creep beside him.

And, as if on cue, the other male unzipped the top of his suit, revealing a pair of glowing eyes gazing upon us. "Teacher... You know who I am, don't you?".

"Why don't I reintroduce him—to your students, too. He's the man who stole the name 'the Reaper' from that octopus. And..." Yanagisawa filled us in, as he trailed on, the other man revealing his true form in front of us. "As of today, he's the new Korosensei".

His true form was a picture out of a nightmare. It was terrifying enough for even the octopus to be sweating buckets and for every student to raise their defenses.

"That's..." Yoshida muttered in dread, unable to finish his sentences. "Is that thing..?"

He was the same guy who attacked us. The same guy Karasuma-sensei managed to beat and yet, one look was all it took to realize that this was a being on an entire different level.

"Before it was just his face—now his whole body is a monster!" Muramatsu exclaimed, as we kept our distance from the said creature.

"He's just had the same modifications as that octopus. The only difference is that he begged for them. Completely unlike the botched Itona or my little sister over there" Yanagisawa explained even mocking Itona and Kayano in the process. "Can you even imagine? A man who overpowered you singlehandedly even as a human now has both incomparable tentacles and hatred. The destructive power!".

"Die!" The monster shouted in unison to our teach who screamed, "Run away!".

Well, it wasn't like we had any other options, especially since that single blow was enough to send us flying.

"A sonic boom. His tentacles have an initial velocity of Mach 2 and they can reach a top speed of Mach 40" Yanagisawa elaborated, surprising us even more than we already were.

"M-Mach 40?!" Okajima stammered at the thought.

"In short, his basic performance is doubled" the man added. "2.0's superhuman kinetic vision and intuition are amplified via his tentacles, making him readily adaptable to a super sonic world. Unlike some amateur children, he took his tentacles readily—just like version 1.0 over there"

"Korosensei!" Nagisa shouted our teacher's name when he was blown away thanks to single strike of the monster's tentacles.

"But the greatest difference is that unlike you and that octopus, those tentacles were designed with continuous operation in mind. You see, he needs no upkeep. He's disposable. In exchange for only three months to live, I've made it so he can tap into tremendous energy. And there's not even any danger if him exploding at death" he continued speaking, followed by a maniacal laugh as we watched our teacher receive numerous blows from the monster the scientist created.

"A safe an flawless weapon, is it not?" He smiled smugly.

I turned to Iroha, hoping that she's been keeping her calm until now, because god knows what could happen if she goes berserk, especially since that her body won't even be able to handle it. The octopus being in a fight was just the tip of the iceberg, it didn't take a genius to figure that we didn't want any casualties along the way.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm perfectly calm" she told me, despite gripping her fists beside her tightly, almost looking like she was ready to jump into the fray.

"Doesn't look like it, though..." I scoffed, reading her like a book.

"Well, I am" she insisted. "For now at least. Besides, if I remember correctly you swore that you'd be the one to stop me".

"Yeah. Not like I'm planning to change that" I sighed, recalling the first time I did, only until Kayano broke the tension and averted our attention to Yanagisawa and others.

 Not like I'm planning to change that" I sighed, recalling the first time I did, only until Kayano broke the tension and averted our attention to Yanagisawa and others

"You always do this..." the green-haired girl said spitefully. "Always hurting others—from your safe spot away from it all!".

The man removed his hood, looking at her and asking, "Is that what you think?".

The male held a syringe-like gun device, containing tentacle cells which he injected on his neck. "I'm not prepared to die? Is that what you think?".

"Hey, that's—" Sugaya trailed on cautiously recognizing what that syringe contained.

"It can't be..." Okuda gasped, as the man threw away the white clothing he wore.

"I don't give a damn about my life anymore. Not if I can kill you, who stole everything from me..." Yanagisawa looked up to where the two creatures he tampered with were fighting, the cells he injected in himself clearly spreading through his body as seen in the veins that grew darker and spread throughout his entire being.

"Joints, muscle fibers, spinal cord, nerves: it may not be my entire body, but if I can gradually implant tentacles in these key places, I can become superhuman while retaining my human faculties" he ran towards the ground where the octopus was nearest, with the help of his newly acquired speed, before shouting, "Die a pathetic death, guinea pig... so your beloved students will be scarred for life!"

"What the—", our teacher dealt with another blow, realizing that we were about to face two superhuman beings.

"Class..." He faced us, as dignified as ever when he turned to us to say, "There's something I forgot to mention in my earlier lesson: Even an assassin, who's cleverly avoided all head-to-head battles, is sure to have a number of times in life when he or she must fight with every last ounce of strength. In my case... that would be now!".