『omake』: insecurity time

this extra occurs during valentine's day; during chapter 86: chocolate time

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

I T O N A H O R I B E
堀部 糸成
student no. 28

There it was, the judgmental murmurs and the piercing gazes of the students from the main building.

It's not that I minded. I was stepping on their territory and all. But to think that she'd hear this nearly everyday.

"Seriously? Fujioka is still going out with that guy from Class E?"

"She's from Class A, isn't she?".

"Damn, she could do a lot better".

"The guys she rejected must be in tears right now"

"Especially Sakakibara-kun. I can't believe she'd dump one of the five virtuosos for that guy---"

"You're in the way" a particular guy, cut them off coldly, putting a stop to their chatter. "If you want to talk shit about others, do it where the person you're bashing can't hear, dumbasses".

Isn't she fed up with this?, I would think.

Class E may have earned the respect of Class A, but you couldn't say the same for the other students. In the first place it was pretty hard to believe that we were still going out with each other until this very day.

"Oi, Horibe. They're getting on my nerves, so why don't you teach them a lesson already?" he asked me, and I just casually brushed it off claiming "It's just a waste of time".

"Hmmm... Sounds like something you would say" Ishikawa sighed, before looking around. "You waiting for Hotaru?".

"Yeah. We usually meet by the gate but it's too cold lately. She asked me to wait by the shoe lockers" I told him.

"I see. Well, I'll leave you two alone. See you around" he waved before running off with his other friends.

I don't let their words get to me, but somehow, I wasn't one to deny it either.

Hotaru could do so much better, and even if I didn't admit it, somewhere deep down, I was pretty terrified she'd realize that one day.

"Itona-kun" her voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Hotaru" I greeted her, as she gave me that bright smile of hers.