「44th period」: confession time

I T O N A H O R I B E
堀部 糸成
student no. 28

I wasn't surprised when Ishikawa said that. Somehow, I just knew deep down that anyone could fall for that type of girl. The question that really bothered me though was whether I really liked her or not.

But still. It all made sense now.

Ishikawa Hotaru was that girl who helped me before the summer of 2nd year middle school. That girl who assisted me after being made fun of due to my father's failure.

'I heard your pops ran out in the middle of the night'

'What's it like? How does it feel like to have a family like that?'

On a rainy day, I was left in the streets after being beaten up by my classmates, who made fun of me all because my dad walked out on me.

'Who do you think you're snapping at, you little pissant?'

'You've got no money, no family, and you can't fight'.

'You're a loser who ain't got nothing'.

I was helpless, power hungry, weak.

But that didn't stop that pinkette from approaching that beat up guy in the streets.

"I-I'm in a hurry so I can't help you clean up your wounds, but here's some bandaids. I always carry them around because I'm clumsy" she chuckled, handing me a box of them.

I glared at her, before saying"I don't need your pity".

The only thing left on my mind was how that girl was just probably like the rest of them. 'Sorry Itona, I don't want to get caught up in this... Really, I'm sorry', I recalled what my friends told me before they left me alone.

"It's not because of pity..." she mumbled, before handing her umbrella. "Here, you might catch a cold".

I scoffed, she was such a hypocrite. "What about you? You'll get wet". Shouldn't you worry about yourself?

"I'll manage somehow" she told me with a sickening bright smile before running off.

It was really just a simple act for kindness, but in a pitch black world, in meant a lot to me

✖︎●✖︎