「15th period」: reconciliation time

H O T A R U F U J I O K A
藤岡
student of class 3-A

Here I was, quietly staring at the ceiling of the infirmary.

I laid down on one of the beds, trying to calm my mind before I scrolled through my phone searching for her contact.

She changed her number, I recalled. How am I supposed to reach her now?

Iroha was the first person who befriended me during my 2nd year of middle school. Never did I expect that she would be the one to land herself in the End Class.

But, I know for a fact that they're not bad people like how everyone made it seem to be. Itona's been an example for that. And I can't just seem to downcast people who got along with Iroha so well.

"It's unusual for you to be here" Hikaru noted, sliding the curtain open, to have a good look at me.

I was afraid of guys. Every last bit of them. But if my fear for some would be less than the others, Hikaru would have made that list.

"My head hurt" I explained to which he just nonchalantly sat on the closest chair there was.

"That's what you get for overthinking".

"I know that...Anyways, Hii-kun, do you have Inukai-san's number?" I asked him, sitting up straight.

"You're that desperate to get along with her to even call me by my nickname, huh?" his mouth curved a little before admitting it. "I don't have it. But I know someone pretty close to her".

"Who?!" I exclaimed. At this point, the guy most likely guessed what I was up to. He returned my determination with a sigh, before answering me.

"Akabane Karma" he answered and then warned me. "I can't assure you that he'll do it without earning anything in return, though. Also, that stuck-up president's been keeping an eye on you. I won't encourage you to do it".

He was right. Asano was mad. He was scary enough as it is, but the fact that he was mad, made it a whole different story. He looked like the spitting-image of the principal.

"Fujioka" Asano called me as I straightened up and looked at him

"Y-yes?" I barely managed to say.

"Are you still at it?" He asked me, referring to how I've been trying to talk to Iroha. "I told you, give it up".

"B-but..." I attempted to argue.