「35th period」: killer time

N A G I S A S H I O T A
潮田
student no. 11

She was standing still, glaring at us coldly. Fear was probably evident on my face.

I didn't know why, but compared to the Reaper, Iroha scared me more. It was probably because we couldn't hurt her. We couldn't hurt someone who was part of our class, our comrade.

I didn't know what came over her, but currently Terasaka was lying down, still conscious, but rather quite beat up. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He asked her.

I may have a talent for assassination but this, this was something else; it was pure violence. It wasn't kill or be killed, it was squirm and groan slowly in excruciating pain.

We couldn't do anything.

So if I were to say something it was that Karma was right on time. He did a good job at that. As if he always had this psychic GPS when it came to Iroha. Then again, Ritsu was the one who guided him.

"Karma-kun" I greeted him while Iroha's hands were around my neck

Again. He was just right on time.

When Iroha strangled me, it wasn't the same feeling as watching Terasaka get beat up. I wasn't as scared or terrified even though the least bit of me was. It was probably because of the fact that it was Iroha who tried to do it, and it wasn't to anyone else but me.

I think Korosensei was right. My recklessness was a bad point.

"What the fuck happened?" Karma asked, distracting Iroha, who loosened her grip on my neck as Karma held her wrists to stop her.

"You're late" Terasaka coughed, and Iroha finally let go of me, all thanks to Karma.

She was in pain, though. Not because of him, but due to something else. I could see it in her eyes. It was a kind of excruciating pain. The type that makes you scream or faint. It was when I was about to ask her that she fell. Thankfully, the redhead was there to catch her.

When the girl lost her consciousness, I caught Karma glaring at the trees. Or most likely someone behind the trees. The next thing he did was to look at Iroha's neck, remove some sort of tranquilizing dart, and hold her in his arms as he carried her on his back.

So many questions and yet we can't seem to find an answer.

A few kilometers away, we spotted Karasuma-sensei, who took over Karma's job, he took her into his arms, carrying her elsewhere. I didn't hear it out loud, but I was pretty sure the redhead asked about the person who shot Iroha, in a very cold voice.