『omake』: parent time

this extra occurs during after their second term finals; after chapter 64: first time

(disclaimer: i do not own the illustration below, i am unable to credit the author because i just so happen to find this photo in my camera roll)

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

G A K U H O    A S A N O
浅野 學峯
board chairman

As we all gathered at one section of the house, particularly the ground floor, I realized that it was quite refreshing to spend time alongside my family, even if the thing I was currently focused on were my papers from work.

The picture frames hung on the walls, one of our wedding, another of Gakushu. The other two consisted of Iroha and our family, and another family photo. It gave off an air of nostalgia.

"I saw Iroha-chan near the convenience store this afternoon. I invited her to dinner, alright?" my wife told us, as she continued to chop the vegetables that were going to be in our dinner tonight.

"Yeah, sure" Gakushu gave her a half-hearted reply, his eyes never leaving the book he was reading.

"Ah, it's been so long. I bet she grew up to be a fine lady~" I could hear my wife spill her thoughts out loud.

I looked over my son who gagged as soon as he heard his mother mention Iroha being a fine lady. 'A shut-in, game addict, delinquent like her was far from one', was what he probably thought.

If only she knew.

"Shu, you should invite her more often" she suggested, rinsing her hands in the sink, only to dry them off with a towel before walking our way to the living room.

"No thanks" he shut her down, almost automatically.

"I remember the days when you two were so inseparable" she reminisced, "Did you know, I used to think that you two would end up together one day~".

"That's disgusting, Mom. She's like a sister. That's basically suggesting incest" Gakushu complained.

"Seems to me, she'd rather die than have you as a brother" I teased my son.

"That peasant" I heard him mutter, as if to curse the girl.

"Still, as close as ever, huh?" his mother took note of his reaction.

"We still mail each other when we feel like it" he shrugged, "most of them consists of making fun or looking down on each other".

"Their teacher tells me, she's pretty close to Akabane-kun, was it?" I recalled what Korosensei had said. "We didn't talk about it, but I think it's not a far chance that they're dating. You better make a move now if you want a chance".

"No way" he immediately turned down the idea. "As if I'd go out with a girl like her".

"I'm not talking about Iroha, I'm talking about you and Akabane-kun" I kid.

"Oh my" his mom gasped exaggeratedly.

"Dad, are you suggesting I'm gay?" he looked at me, horrified at the thought.

I chuckled, "Jokes aside, when are you going to start dating?".

"She better be even more worthy than Iroha, Shu" his mom teased.

"Anyone's more worthy than Iroha" the boy countered, then faced me. "Besides, since when do you joke?".

"That's up for you to find out" I say smugly.

"Hm~ But Iroha-chan dating someone, huh?" My wife reverted our topic.

"Well, it's not a surprise" Gakushu scoffed, "more like, nobody else would be able to handle her than that Akabane. They deserve each other".

"That's true. Iroha-chan would just be wasted on you" I chuckled.

"How could you say that about your own son?" he deadpanned.

"Hm, your dad's got a point~" my wife agreed. "Well, as long as she's happy I guess. She's like a daughter to me afterall---".

"You know, you're terrible parents" he sighed. "I'm beginning to think you favor someone else's child".

"We love you too~" his mother chuckled.