「95th period」: students' time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 23

Talk about bad timing, I thought, seeing the familiar scene of Iroha gripping her fists, ready to jump into the fight in a heartbeat.

"Shit" Terasaka cursed as he tackled her, knowing full well what could've happened next, yet even so the girl managed to land a punch on him before being forced to the ground.

It took four people to pin her down: Terasaka on her left arm, Maehara on her left leg, Isogai on the other leg and then there was me on her right arm.

At some point, I knew she was holding herself back, and that last attack was enough for her to give into the bloodlust.

Not that I'd blame her, if anything, anyone would have lost their mind as soon they caught sight of the death of their dear friend and classmate. Even Korosensei turned pitch black, emitting a destructive aura to destroy the enemy in front of us.

But Iroha, being the second to sacrifice her life, to get revenge was the last thing we wanted on our wishlist.

"Calm down, dumbass! We don't want anymore casualties!" Terasaka cursed, seeing as the girl didn't want to give in one bit.

"Ngh—I'll kill him myself" she managed to say stubbornly, retaining just enough sanity to be able to speak.

"You'll die before you even do that!" Maehara shouted, as if it was enough to reason out with her. It was either her body gives up on her or that creature would murder her himself—whatever it was, there was no good outcome from this.

"We can't act recklessly, Iroha!" Isogai reprimanded her, most likely thinking the same, while Okuda stood behind us, mumbling her best friend's name anxiously.

"Iroha-chan..."

I couldn't help but stare at the midget in front of me, knowing what I had to do: I crashed my lips against hers, forcing a pill inside her mouth, and not budging an inch until she swallowed.

Less than a minute later, the girl was motionless, glaring at me intensely.

"What the fuck did you feed me?"

"That pill was meant to paralyze you for 10 minutes. I got your guardian to make you some just in case you went berserk tonight" I explained briefly.

It was a strong drug, enough to take effect in less than a minute, but the effect doesn't last long either, I recalled what Hiyori tell me.

A clap stunner wouldn't be enough to stop her, she'd bite her tongue to snap out of it otherwise. Pathetic tactics like tranquilizing darts, tasers or stun guns would only hurt her, and so, left with no other choice, it was the perfect time to use the pill.

"You fucking drugged me" she hissed, as I carried her on my back, the other four involved finally sighing in relief.

"I told you I'd stop you" I answered casually, unable to reply with a sarcastic remark due to the serious situation we were currently stuck in.