「51st period」: challenge time

K A R M A   A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 11

"You know, they're kind of similar, the principal and Korosensei" Fuwa noted, as a number from the class walked in the main campus together.

"How so?" Maehara asked her.

"They both have extraordinary powers, but are regular teachers" she stated. "With the principal's quick wits he could have been prime minister or a business big shot. But he devoted himself to education at just one academy. No wonder he's so unrelenting".

"Huh? It's Asano-kun" Kayano noticed the guy who had been waiting for us as we walked by.

Heh~ What could he possibly want from us?

"What do you want" Sugino immediately asked him, stating the truth, "you're not the kind of guy who'd run recon on us".

"It pains me to say this... but I have a request" he told us, oddly.

I slightly tilted my head in amusement.

"I'll cut to the chase. That monster... I want you to kill him" Asano requested of us, "Not physically, of course. Kill his educational policies".

Right then, I looked at Iroha, who, for once, had a look of concern in her eyes. I couldn't tell whether it was for the principal or his son, though.

"The school chairman was more like my father than the actual one" I recalled her saying once.

Yada looked at Asano and asked, "His education policies? Like... how?".

"Easy. I want you, the E Class, to dominate the top spots in the next end-of-term exams" the ginger answered, "I'll be in first, of course. But excellent grades mean nothing coming from an excellent student".

"For detritus like you to show up the A Class, though... that's how we ruin his stance on education" he explained further.

Kataoka was the next one who spoke, "Asano-kun, I've heard about the chilly relationship between you two. Are you saying...you want us to deny your father's methods and turn away from him?".

"Don't misunderstand" he cleared up, "Be strong enough to kick even your father down'. Of so I've been taught and now it's time to put it into practice. I don't know about anyone else but that's our relationship".

"But that's not the case for the other, lesser students. Right now, A Class is hell---With their hatred for the E Class their only support, he's making them study beyond their limits!" He continued.

"If they win like that... it'll be the only method they'll trust from now on. You can only gain so much strength, in hating, scorning, misleading your foes. Even opponents like you will still give the trouble. They'll still be my flunkies in high school. But if my flunkies' strength is lopsided, I can't rule the ruler".

He lowered his head, "Sometimes defeat can... open some eyes. So please, show my friends and my father a proper defeat".

I smirked, walking over the guy and bending a little bit forward to mock him.