「72nd period」: winter time

I R O H A    I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

Winter was cold and gloomy, practically fitting for what happened after that night. But for once, his presence managed to get my mind off such things.

When Korosensei told us about his past, I never expected that (1) I'd be able to relate so much, (2) that it'd have this much of an impact and (3) that Karma wouldn't leave my side until I was all better.

As a result, the redhead stayed with me for nearly the entire winter break. He made sure that I was alright, as if I were so fragile that I'd break down any second.

Just his mere presence was enough to lighten the mood even just a bit.

After all, the experience had been pretty hectic. On the first night, when we couldn't even decide who'd take the bed or the couch, it was then that we realized that we clearly didn't think it through.

It was pretty funny, how I had to call Hiyori in order to figure out where that extra futon was. And there was also the fact that she gleefully told me that she was glad when I told her about my friend staying over, not mentioning that this friend just happened to be a guy as well as the person I was dating.

Karma had no qualms about it. With my guardian away, and his parents elsewhere, knowing that we'd both be home alone, we decided to sleep over for a couple of days during the holidays.

"It's to keep the pests away" he even mentioned, pertaining to Ishikawa who used to come over all the time.

And with the thought that it might as well be the last holiday we'd spent together, I appreciated it a lot. Even if it did mean having our friendly banters 24/7.

"Heh~ Who knew you could actually be a decent cook" he remarked when we were having dinner.

"You really adore picking fights don't you?" I retorted, quite annoyed by the fact that I just followed his recipe.

"Your welcome" he smiled teasingly.

"Just wait 'till I beat you at the next round, I'll make sure that you'll be cooking dinner tomorrow" I huffed.

"Okay, it's our last night together after all".

"Ugh" I sighed. "Are you really going to let me starve?".

"You'll be with your folks', I highly doubt they'd let you starve" he scoffed.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes at him before changing the subject. "So, what do you wanna do tomorrow?".

"You mean for Christmas?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I mean for your birthday, dumbass" I told him. "Don't tell me you forgot?".

"You talk as if I'm stupider than you are, Iroha. If I recall correctly, you're the one who's read a book upside down---"

"You still remember that?" I deadpanned.

"Of course~" he smirked. "Well, for tomorrow, how 'bout we record you saying---".