「54th period」: truth time

H I K A R U I S H I K A W A
石川
of 3-D

In all honesty, I was sick of people. They made small things seem big, and they love stepping on others, such selfish little creatures.

I think that's the whole reason Iroha and I got along. We both had masks.

But she threw hers away first.

"You're really into this, aren't you?" I asked the girl who sat away from the television screen, studying her butt off.

"I have to. For Asano" she mumbled.

"In reality, though, you also want to beat Karma, don't you?" I asked her, my eyes not leaving the screen as I played with the console.

She worked harder when it was a competition, that I've noticed since before.

"Ah, speaking of which" she changed the topic, "I hear you've been hanging around Manami, Shi-chan".

"Oh, right. I forgot to mention, she's helping me out with my studies" I told her.

"Hmm. If you mess with her, you'll get it from me, alright?" Iroha warned me.

"I know" I told her. "I'm not so careless enough that people would know that part of me".

In reality, I was quite envious. This girl was so lucky to have people she could be truthful with. I, on the other hand, will have to resort on a play of words and a gentle smile.

"You mean, how the people pleaser Hikaru Ishikawa is actually a huge sadist?" she spat inconsiderately. "I know you tend to loose it when it comes to timid girls. The only exception to that is your sister".

"Well, of course. Why in the world will I pick on Hotaru?" I asked her.

"Hm~ Well, from what I know, all the high school girls you've dated so far, ended up crying. No wonder you wont even go out with a girl near your age" she mocked me.

"I'm not that mean" I sweat dropped.

"Anyways, I know you're into submissive older girls, so don't taint my best friend, alright?" She told me.

"Iroha, who do you take me as?" I deadpanned.

What surprised me though, was what she said next. "Jokes aside, it'll be good if you become true to yourself, though".

"That's weird of you to say that" I muttered.

"Karma told me something similar to that back then" she said, tidying up her notes.

I smiled, it was good how he managed to bring her out of her world. But even so, a part of this girl was still stuck in the past.

"You get along well, huh?~" I mused, before noticing what time it was, "Ah, it's already late. I'll get going, then. But before that, Iroha, speaking seriously shouldn't you give up finding him? You've got other people in front of you right now, after all. Karma being one of them".