「41st period」: reminisce time

H O T A R U F U J I O K A
藤岡
of 3-A

- before transfering to kunigigaoka-

It was our first year of middle school that I met him. It was also our first year, that we got involved.

"Oi, Hotaru, don't space out, just because you're crush passed by" Hikaru cut me off from my thoughts as he caught me red handed.

"Wha-what are you saying, Hii-kun?" I blushed a hundred shades of red.

"Hm~" he mused, taking a sip from his latte. "I've heard about him from your best friend. She said he was 'Horibe Itona', was it?".

"Hii-kun!" I hushed him, trying to contain my embarrassment.

I'd only meet with Hikaru once a month, but he was as harrasful as ever.

"I don't get why you'd choose him though" he smirked. "Care to tell?~"

"No way. It'll be bad if people found out" I mumbled snacking on the cake I ordered.

"No one else in this Cafe here knows you, Hotaru" he deadpanned.

I sighed, "alright alright".

"So? To start of, he's from a separate class, when have you ever---"

"It was just a coincidence" I cut him off. "It wasn't really a big deal to begin with...".

"Judging from how red you are, I'd say otherwise though" he pried.

I took a deep breath before admitting it.

"I compose songs, right? Well, I'm trying to keep it a secret and somehow some guy find out in class when he bumped into my desk. 'He must think I'm such a weirdo' I expected him to think. And somehow he kinda said it. I get it though, I mean who writes songs and hide them in the dark like some obsessed---"

"Hotaru" he cut me off. "You were saying?".

"Well... Ho-Horibe-kun was waiting for his friend and when he saw it, he was like 'I don't think there's anything wrong about being crazy about things you like" I told Hikaru, remembering how it happened.

His friend just laughed shrugging it off, 'Of course you'll say that, you tech freak'.

'I know, I know, now hurry it up and fix her stuff will you?' Itona sighed as I simultaneously heard them fumbling with my things, attempting to put them together in a rush.