「52nd period」: request time

H I K A R U I S H I K A W A
石川
of 3-D

I was beginning to think that I should stop trying.

Maybe trying to turn to others for help was useless, especially when it came to these two.

It was absolutely impossible, I deemed as I checked my phone to see if it actually had been ringing.

The person you have dialed cannot be reached. Please try again later

I waited by the entrance to the mountain, the gate that separated Class E from the rest of the campus.

"Ishikawa-kun, I understand that you are a sports prodigy, which is why the chairman is doing his best to keep you in the main campus. However, if your grades, most especially in science, continue to be like this, there is a great chance that you would be demoted and dropped to Class E" I recalled what the teacher told me.

Since then on I only seemed to keep bothering myself with the fact that my dad was definitely going to ground me --- No, at this rate, he was definitely going to kill me.

I could already imagine it. Banning me from sports and any other extra curricular activities. Heck, I might even go to cram school.

I knew that I could ask Hotaru to help me, but with the pace Class A is going, I'm not even sure if she's sane anymore.

"It's hell" she told me, bags under her eyes. "I don't even know if it's even worth it".

I could also ask Iroha, but I doubt she's the type to teach. Karma, on the other hand, well based on Iroha's complaints, I don't think I'll be able to deal with his spartan ways.

Science. Science. Goddamn science.

Ah, I could also ask Okuda Manami if I'm desperate, but that's a different story. I barely know the girl. Except for the fact that she's one of Hotaru's friends, and she was the one who served us during the festival.

There was no other option then. I'll just bet my chances with Iroha.

But how could I when I've been waiting an hour and the girl still hasn't left the classroom?!

"Ishikawa-kun?" A timid voice cut me from my thoughts.

"Ah, Okuda-san" I greeted her.

"Are you waiting for Iroha-chan?" She asked me softly, reminding me of my sister.

To be honest they were quite alike, the only difference was how this was timid this one was despite not having a fear of guys.

It makes me want to bully her.

That's no good, Hikaru~ People are going to hate you with that habit of yours, my subconscience warned me.

"Mhm~" I smiled at her, before asking "Is she going to take long?".

"U-um...She went ahead. She probably went home with Karma-kun and the others" she told me.

"Karma, huh?"

What great luck. Be it Karma or Iroha, I missed the two people I've been looking for.