「66th period」: secret time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

It was supposed to be just one of those nights

It was supposed to be just one of those nights. One of those simple nights wherein I'd stay up late, playing video games or spending time to do things I actually like doing. Too bad it wasn't like that.

I yawned for the nth time.

"That's unusual. At this time of the night, your usually pretty active" Hiyori pointed out my typical behavior.

"I'm just tired" I lied, hiding two important things: (1) these haggard days of mine just seem to keep increasing, (2) I was having the same symptoms I encounter when I was about to go berserk. Right now I'm probably at phase one.

The good thing was, unlike before, I was finally given a shitload of medicine that were finally tested and effective. But as a result, my body just turns off during the godliest of times.

This just slows down the problem though.

If countdowns end at zero, then mine probably paused along the way. People desperately try to undo it, careful not to rush it, slowing it down if it has to be the last resort.

If countdowns end at zero, then mine was stuck at three.

December was up.

Three more months, huh?, I thought, only to be snapped out of it by Hiyori.

"I have good news and bad news" she told me.

"Bad news first please" I told her politely.

"Well... uh... how do I put this..." she sighed.

Her eyes were puffy, I observed, the news must be bad enough that she'd cry and act like its no big deal.

"Nothing can possibly be worse than what we've heard before" I assured, knowing that it might as well he as bad.

"I-I saw your results today" she stammered. "My brother showed it... it's---".

"Bad, isn't it?" I guessed. "There's just three more months after all---".

I just hope I'm in time for Korosensei's deadline.

"Iroha! You know how much we're trying to---"

"So, what's the good news?" I averted the topic earning an anxious look from my sister-in-law.

"Uh... Haru---"