「77th period」: strategy time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 17

"Steal the other team's flag or wipe them out to win. I'll be the referee. I'll make calls and watch for zombies and other illegal plays from midpoint. Otherwise, I'll pretend I don't know where you're attacking from so don't worry" Karasuma-sensei instructed, as we all took our marks. Hayami and Chiba posted and ready.

"Alright: let the intraclass assassination survival game begin!".

Kotaro Takebayashi: Dead
Meg Kataoka: Dead

Each with a shot of the bullet, two were immediately shot dead.

Taiga Okajima: Dead
Ryunosuke Chiba: Dead

"We're down to two and two" Iroha muttered beside me.

"Who's the perpetrator?"

"Kanzaki" she told me. "She's probably using those game tactics of hers. Should I interfere?".

"No," I stopped her. "I'll take care of it. Just stay behind me".

"Roger"

Sosuke Sugaya: Dead

Waiting for her on top of a tree, I watched her run towards our base, and with the perfect chance, I grabbed her upside down by the neck.

"That's right— you trained on a virtual battlefield, didn't you" I told her, inching the knife with red paint towards her neck. "But if you're coming after one of out key positions, all I need to do is lie in wait for you along the way".

With a smile, the girl gave in, and it took me a single stroke to get her out of the game.

Yukiko Kanzaki: Dead

Releasing her, I spoke through the microphone in our uniforms.

「Come in, red team. I'll take the lead」

「Mimura, see that high point to Karasuna-sensei's right? Head there」I instructed.

"Okay" he answered in reply.

「Don't let anyone see you」 I reminded him.

「Terasaka, you and the other two stooges are on defense at Face Rock. It'll be troublesome if they make it past there, so play it tight」I ordered, thinking of other possible strategies.

Thinking about it, the person I could probably use the most was---

「Iroha,」I trailed off, before the girl jumped down a couple of branches, standing on the same one I was sitting on.

"I'll watch your six o'clock" she finished my sentence for me.

「Right. Stay on standby. Nakamura, you're lieutenant」

"Eh? Iroha's on defense?" the girl replied rather surprisedly.

"Hey wait a minute" I heard Yoshida interrupt as well.