「29th period」: ignorance time

M A N A M I   O K U D A
奥田 愛美
student no. 5

season 2 episode 9

I was beginning to think that while Karma was denying his feeling for her, Iroha, on the other hand, was oblivious to how she felt.

As much as I knew how Iroha was so dense, somehow I also understood that she didn't know what love was. Be it platonically or romantically, Iroha still had a habit of not knowing how important she was to others. I figured that that might be the reason why she managed to do all those reckless things she had.

"Then who do you like?" Nakamura asked her so bluntly.

Ah, if only I knew how to ask her. I thought. If I asked her straightforwardly I'd bet a hundred percent that she wouldn't answer honestly, then again, it's wasn't like I knew how to trick her into it either.

The last time I asked one of them a question, they just shrugged it off, like that one time I asked Karma if he liked her. He just brushed it of and claimed that he "was just curious". (Refer to chapter 19-20)

Iroha kept quiet for a moment, brooding about the question Nakamura asked her, before blushing crimson.

"L-like I'd admit it so openly in the class" she stammered, running out of the classroom.

"Aw, she ran away" Nakamura pouted before Karma made his way to us, sliding the door open as well.

"Don't bully Iroha-chan so much, Nakamura-san~" he smiled at us.

"Heh, you're one to talk~" she retorted with the same tone of voice.

"I'm the only one allowed to do that" he smirked. "What am I going to do if she gets used to being bullied by other people?".

"Despite how it seems, you seem pretty confident, huh?" She smiled mischievously, noting just how unaffected he was.

"It's not that I'm confident, but as long as I'm one of the closest people alongside her, I won't let just anyone take my toy from me" he remarked before walking out of the room so calmly.

"Tsk, mission failed" Nakamura sighed once the guy was out of the room. "Here I thought they'd finally admit it to each other".

I thought so as well.

✖︎●✖︎

"Eh, Okuda-san, who are you waiting for?" I heard Fujioka pop out from behind Itona.

Ever since Iroha and I became close friends, Fujioka would come hang out often. Even if I was quite introverted or shy, I had to admit that I got along with her more than I imagined.