-+Waving Through a Window+- Zane x Reader

Start from the beginning

"Give them no reason to stare," Zane pushed himself off of the floor and grabbed his bag strap, and picked it up off of the floor. "No slipping up if you slip away." Zane brushed some of the dust off and put arm through one strap. "So I've got nothing to share." He put his arm through the other strap, and someone walked over to him. "You're in front of my locker.." they said, Zane stopped for a bit, and slowly moved out of the way, finding no words. "No, I got nothing to say.." he gave a small sigh, turning away.

"Step out, step out of the sun if you keep getting burned." Zane looked through a window and squinted his eyes at the sun shining on him. "Step out, step out of the sun because you've learned, because you've learned." He walked passed the window and walked down the hall. He stopped in front of another window and stared out it, seeing his reflection stare back. "On the outside always looking in, will I ever be more than I've always been?" He brought his hand up to the glass, and began to tap on it.

"'Cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass." He glanced behind him, seeing everyone else walk by him, and he turned around to look at them. "I'm waving through a window." Zane opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "I try to speak but nobody can hear. So I wait around for an answer to appear." Zane grabbed his bag strap with his non casted hand. "While I'm watch, watch, watching people pass.." Zane began to walk by people, watching them pass by, or ignore him. "I'm waving through a window." Passing by a window, he looked at through it again. "Can anybody see? Is anybody waving-" he took his hand away from his bag strap and gently put his hand on the glass. "Back at me..?"

He saw someone behind him in the reflection, and he turned around and he felt his heart jump out of his chest. "Hey! I'm sorry about my brother!" Zane looked away when he felt the small smile form on his lips, and coughed. "I saw him push you, he's a.. psychopath. Zane right?"

"Zane." He repeated in a weird tone. "That's your name..?"

"YES, IT IS! It's Zane sorry!"

"Why are you sorry-"

"Because you said Zane and then I said it- I repeated it! And that is so annoying when people do that, so."

"I'm (Y/N)." You held out your hand. Zane went to shake your hand, but he looked at his hand, worrying about it being sweaty and wiped it down his shirt. "Yes, I know, Soo.." you slowly put your hand down. "You know?" You asked, and he looked up panicked. "No, no, no, it's just you play guitar at jazz band, I love jazz band, I love jazz, but not all of jazz band, but I definitely like jazz band jazz. And that's so weird I'm sorry.."

"You apologize a lot."

"Sorry, I mean, uh.." Zane looked away. "Kay well I-""You don't want to sign my cast do you?" You turned around "What?""What? What'd you say?"

"I didn't say anything, you said something." Zane pointed to himself. "No, I didn't say anything."

"No way.. Jose.."

"Okay, well." You gave a small wave and walked off. Zane walked after you a bit but stopped, then had a small grin. "We start with stars in our eyes." He gave a small helpless sigh, and leaned his left side against a wall nearby, then rolled to his back. "We start believing that we belong." Zane looked back to the window. "But every sun doesn't rise." He pushed himself off of the wall. "And no one tells you where you went wrong."

"Step out, step out of the sun if you keep getting burned." He walked deeper down the hall, heading towards where ever. "Step out, step out of the sun because you've learned," he stopped in front of an exit, he took a deep breath and walked out of the building into the field where other teens were chatting with their friends. "because you've learned."

"On the outside always looking in, will I ever be more than I've always been?" Zane continued his way through the field, staring at his reflection.

"'cause I'm tap, tap, tapping on the glass, waving through a window, I-" Zane bumped into someone, they uttered an apology and looked at Zane as if they were waiting for his reply, they raised an eyebrow as he just stared at them. They shrugged and walked past Zane, he only watching. "Try to speak but nobody can hear, so I, wait around for an answer to appear." He looked away from them, his eyes landing on a large tree in the field, and he shuttered at it, and continued walking in the shade whilst looking in the window.

"Whole I'm watch, watch, watching people pass, waving through a window.." he stopped as his eyes landed on someone, more specifically, the girl he's been fancying for quite some time now; (Y/N). He walked over to the window, leaning his forehead against it. "Can anybody see..? Is anybody waving.." he looked up to see you walking with your friend, not paying any mind to whoever was leaning against the window.

"When you're falling in a forest.. and there's nobody around.. do you ever really crash, or even make a sound?" Zane pushed himself off of the window, turning his head towards the tree. He continued walking until he found an exit and walked inside, closing his eyes and sighed in relief. He opened his eyes only to see himself in a familiar place. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked around, but only saw himself, walking in the forest.

"When you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around.. do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"

He followed himself and, at a distance, blankly watched as he climbed up the tree, climbing higher and higher.

"When you're falling in a forest.. and there's nobody around.. do you ever really crash or even make a sound."

He watched as they stopped, the sun shining on his face.

"When you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"

"Did I even make a sound?"

His eyes widened a tiny bit as they slowly began to fall off of the branch he was on.

"Did I even make a sound?"

He soon found himself running to where he was falling.

"It's like I never made a sound."

Zane froze in the spot he was in seeing them lying on the ground in pain.

"Will I ever made a sound?"

He squeezed his eyes shut, crouching down, trying to get out whatever hellish dream he was in.

His eyes snapped open when he was lightly pushed forward and looked around his surroundings seeing he was back in the hallway with everyone walking around him, ignoring him.

"On the outside always looking in, will I, ever be more than I've always been cause I'm tap," someone bumped into him. "Tap" someone else bumped into him. "Tapping on the glass." Another person bumped into him. "Waving through a window."

"I, try to speak but nobody can hear, so I, wait around for an answer to appear while I'm watch, watch, watching people pass. Waving through a window." Someone bumped into him, letting him fall forward against a wall and he sighed. "Can anybody see..? Is anybody waving back at me?" He moved away from the wall and looked through the window, he almost froze seeing himself in it.

"Is anybody waving, waving, waving?"

He hung his head down.

"Oh..."
~~~~~-------~~~~~
And that's it. Sorry that it sucks.
It was a request from a while ago.

I appreciate your existence.