-+What We Are Now+- Zane x Reader

If you didn't already guess by the title, this is the aftermath of 'What Are We?' This is four years later.
This takes place in Lovers Lane.
Enjoy.
~~~~~------~~~~~

"WELCOME HOME, MOMMA!"

Your eye twitched as you saw your son. "Aphmau... What happened to my son..?" You asked and she laughed nervously. "Little Dante wanted to make you something, and I just couldn't say no to him!" Aphmau explained and you pinched the bridge of your nose as Dante kept hugging your legs while his mouth formed the number '3'.

Dante had Zane's hair color and a mixture of both of your eyes.

You sighed at Dante's face, that was covered in sparkles, a bit of glue, and maybe something else.

"I'm gone for two hours, and my house is destroyed." You sighed as Dante giggled. Aphmau gave a small nervous laugh. "Sorry (Y/N), but I can't say no to a baby!" Aphmau gushed while pushing her cheeks together.

You sighed once again and pinched the bridge of your nose. "Okay! Okay.." You walked over to the couch that's covered in Dante's toys. You softly groaned and looked at the clock on the wall; 1:26pm.

"Did he have his nap, yet?" You asked and Aphmau shook her head picking Dante up. "No." She answered and you looked off to the side. "I'll go put him down for his nap." Aphmau said and bounced him a bit as he giggled. You heard Aphmau start saying things to him in a childish tone as she walked up the stairs.

For the fifth time today, you sighed. You lazily pushed all of Dante's toys to the other side of the couch and fell onto the couch. "Tiring day at work?" Aphmau asked taking the last step off of the stairs. "Yeah.." You groaned. Aphmau laughed a bit. "I wouldn't mind cleaning up for you."

"It wouldn't be too much trouble?" She shook her head. "Nope! Besides, I kinda helped him with it." She laughed nervously. "Well, if you don't mind.." Aphmau smiled. "Great!"

You decided to close your eyes and try and get some rest, but hearing Aphmau pick, shift, and drop the toys. You looked up and noticed Aphmau not paying attention, or even realizing you wanting rest and quiet. You got up and walked to the stairs.

Going upstairs you peeked into your son's room. He was sitting up playing with his stuffed toy. "Dante, what's the matter?" You softly asked entering your son's room. "I-I all cover wif' glitter!" He exclaimed. "It's itchy.." He mumbled and you laughed a tiny bit. You turned to his nightstand and took a wipe from the box.

"Haah, Dante." You sighed and wiped his face clean from the glitter. "When's daddy coming home?" He asked and you pulled him into a hug. "Later, hun." You rubbed his head and he squeezed his stuffed elephant. "Why does daddy come home late?" Dante asked and you laid your head against the top of his head. "Daddy has a very serious job. So, sometimes he has to stay late."

"What kind of job does daddy have..?" He asked. "Daddy works for his parents." Was all you replied with. You sighed and stared out Dante's window. 

"Daddy will be home soon. Don't worry." You reassured him. Dante's breathing had slowed down, showing that he has fallen asleep. You slowly laid him down.

You glanced at your ring on your finger and sighed. Zane has changed over the last four years. After you came back from love~love paradise, his parents gave up on trying to get Garroth to he the heir, they went to Zane who gladly accepted without hesitation.

Soon enough, he didn't have enough time to spend with his family. He barely made it to Dante's birth. Sometimes, you wish that Zane gave up on that dream to take over the Ro'meave business, but he never intended to.

You got up from Dante's bed and walked out, softly closing the door a crack. You heared Aphmau drop a toy on the wood floor, then closed Dante's door not wanting her to wake him up. You walked over to the top of the stair case. "Hey Aph?" You called out. "Yeah?!"

"I'm gonna go lay down, okay?" Aphmau hummed. "Got it!" She replied and you walked to your bedroom that's across from Dante's. You walked into your room and closed the door behind you. You slowly took your shoes off and flopped onto the bed.

"I missed you.." You mumbled into the bed, also speaking to the bed as if it was a human. There you fell asleep. Not giving. A care in the world if your legs were hanging off of the bed, you're just tired.

-Eight hours later-

Zane sighed as he took his keys out of his pocket and inserted it into the lock. He turned the key and opened the door. He put the keys on the near by table and closed the door behind him.

(Edit: it's been cutting off for me, and this was the closest point where it was being cut, so yeah. I was fixing it Incase you're wondering why I was spamming to publish this.)

Zane locked the door, then took his jacket off and put it on the rack. He yawned and walked up stairs. He looked at Dante's door. Zane opened the door a bit and looked inside to see his son fast asleep. A while ago Aph texted him saying how you fell asleep, so she's gonna stay and watch Dante since he woke up from his nap.

Zane looked down, then walked away from Dante's room. He walked across the hall to your guys' bedroom, then opened the door and walked in closing it behind him.

He sighed seeing how you were laying on the bed. He took his shoes off and walked over to you. He picked you up in his arms to properly lay you down on the bed.

(I am not saying a certain b- style word because I fucking HATE that word. I don't know why I just hate br---- style. It doesn't leave a "good taste" in my mouth.)

"You couldn't of just laid down properly on the bed?" He mumbled and you groaned. "I was tired.." You mumbled and all he did was sigh again as he laid you down. You sat up and stretched. You got up and changed into something more comfortable. You fixed the shirt you were wearing and looked at Zane who was sitting at his desk- working.

"Zane. Why don't you.. just come relax? Lay down." You told him putting your hands on his shoulders. He wiggled his shoulders out of your grip and shook his head. "No." Was all he said and went back to his work. You sighed. "Fine.." You mumbled and looked down.

You hate how much Zane has changed. You understand how badly he wanted this, but it's like his world revolves around only him and his work.

("Take a break! Run away with us for the summer let's go upstate!")

You walked into the bathroom and came out with a box. "Since you're 'too busy' to spend time with your wife and talk. I'll jist leave this here." You slammed the box on the desk and went to bed.

Zane stopped working and looked at the box. Zane picked up the small box and opened it. He picked up the item in the box, then looked back at you. He put the box and the item down on the desk and went into the bathroom and changed.

He walked back into the room, then sat on his side of the bed and rested his head between your neck.  "How long?" He asked and you just continued looking down. "Almost a month." You replied and he laid down on his back, while you turned around and faced him. Zane grabbed your left hand with his right, and kissed your hand.

You and Zane; married with a four year old son, and a child on the way.

This is what you guys are now.
~~~~~------~~~~~
Yay, I've finished something. So, this is part 86 of 104, XD I have many plans.

If you haven't checked out my new story 'One Touch' then why not go check it out?

Anyways, if you liked this, PUNCH THAT VOTE BUTTON, IN THE FACE! LIKE A BOSS! AND AS ALWAYS, I'LL SEE YOU! IN THE NEXT THING I POST!

BUH-BYE!

I can't say that this was planned or not, I don't remember if it was or just a last minute thing. XD