-+What You Are+- Zane x Reader

A long while ago, I did a one-shot called "What Are We?" and a few months ago, I did a one-shot called "What You Are and What I Am".
Now, this is the sequel to it.
This takes place in Lovers Lane.
~~~~~------~~~~~

"Zane," Zane looked over and saw Kawaii~Chan in the doorway with a small sad smile. "This came in the mail." She said, walking over to him and held the letter out. "I already read it, and I'm very excited!" She gave a small laugh, and it turned into a small smile again.

(I want you guys to pay attention to the relationships in this, and how I've worded things, and how they act.)

Zane took the letter from her hand, and she immediately left, which made him sigh. He opened the letter and began to read it out loud. "...you are invited to Garroth and (Y/N)'s wedding.." he glared at the wall, and looked back down at the invitation. Then threw it out of his hand with a sigh. "Great..." He mumbled, and fell back onto the bed.

Zane stared up at the ceiling, watching the fan go around in a circle. He glanced over to the doorway, that Kawaii~Chan just walked through. He sat up and watched as she gathered some clothes. He hesitated to speak, but somehow found his voice. "What are you doing..?" He asked. Nana stopped what she was doing, and turned around to face him. She gave a small smile, and shook her head. "I'm only doing laundry.." she said, and grabbed the basket, and walked out of the room.

Zane stood up from the bed, and followed her down the hall. He stood at the doorway as she put the basket down, and turned around to look at him. "Why are you over here? Don't you have better things to do?" She asked, and began to pick clothes up and put them in the washer, neatly. "I can't watch you?" He responded, she stopped for a second, but continued. "I didn't say you can't, you just never did before." She replied, and Zane crossed his arms and leaned against the door way.

It was silent, and awkward. "You have work soon, right?" Nana suddenly asked, and Zane hummed. "Then why don't you get ready?" Zane's eyebrows furrowed, he's been ignoring the things that happen, but now he decided to ask. "Why do you try to push me away, I mean, we're together, are we not..?" She didn't answer right away.

"..together..?"

"Together?!" Nana slammed the lid of the washer shut and turned around. "I don't know Zane! ARE we together?! It sure doesn't feel like it!" Nana yelled and Zane huffed, but didn't say anything, so Nana spoke again. "Ever since you found out about Dante, YOU'VE been so cold! You were always in that study of yours! You never came out!"

"I thought you loved me!"

"I do..!"

"Are you sure, Zane?!" Zane bit his bottom lip, and couldn't look her in the eyes anymore, seeing how they were getting glossy. She took his silence hard. "You know what Zane.. I'm going to Aphmau's tonight." She brushed past him, and hastily made her way to her room. "Why do you have to go to her house? If you want, we can talk about things." He called out to her, following her into her room. "There's nothing to talk about Zane!"

"There's everything to talk about." She ignored him and continued to put stuff in a bag, but Zane grabbed her wrist to make her stop. "Zane, just STOP." She yanked her wrist away, grabbed the bag, and quickly walked out of her room. "No! I'm NOT going to stop!" He followed her down the stairs, when she began to open the door, Zane slammed it shut.

----

"Hey Garroth?" You called out and he hummed, then looked over. "Baby blue, pink, or yellow, or maybe light green.." Garroth gave a small laugh, and stood up from the couch, and walked over to you. "Is that your way of asking me what the baby's gonna be?" You gave a small laugh, then a shrug. "Maybe?" He wrapped his arms around your waist and nuzzled into your neck. "I'm fine with whatever they decide to be." You hummed.

"As for the wedding, since it's in a few months, are you sure I'm gonna be able to fit in a dress? I don't think this kid is gonna fit. I'll probably have to wear something else..." Garroth laughed again, and moved over to your side. "It doesn't matter what you'll wear, dear. You'll look beautiful either way." He kissed your cheek, and you gave a small giggle. "Okay."

"Dante's school should be letting out soon, so I'm gonna go pick him up." He said, and you nodded. "I'll be back in ten minutes." He kissed your temple, and went off to get his keys and jacket.

(*Garroth dies in a car crash* nah, I'm not THAT cruel..... am I?)

--A few hours later--

Zane sat on his bed in his room with him head in his hands. His leg kept shaking, and he took deep breathes. The house was dim, quiet, cold, and alone.

Before Nana left, she just HAD to remind him that you were happy with Garroth. You have a kid on the way, and your wedding is in a few months. He couldn't do anything if he tried. It's not some fairy tale.

(You know what's funny.. In my second one-shot I wrote, Garroth interrupted the wedding between the reader and Zane, and stole you away successfully. Now, Zane's thinking about interrupting​ the reader's wedding with Garroth, lmao)

Zane never intended to heart Nana, he didn't mean for any of the bad things to happen, he didn't use Nana to forget about you, he really thought he loved her, but since you have a life you're happy with, he missed his chance, and can't change anything.

That's just what you are.
~~~~~-------~~~~~
Heslo, it's the end. And I finally finished this. I do hope you paid attention to how their relationships are going. I tried my best to give a happy relationship, and a not so happy relationship.

Now, let's play a game.

(I accidentally put gay, whoops)

I have a one-shot I'm gonna do.. and I want to see if you can perfectly nail what it's from.

Trees, Gay, Emails.

And for the song or whatever;

"It would kill you to have to stay trapped when you've got something new."

And that's it for now, I hope you enjoyed.