-+While You're Gone+- Vylad x Reader x Gene ENDING

Longest parted one-shot ever.
Let's end this once and for all, hm?
Anyways, enjoy.
~~~~~------~~~~~

Gene waited for you to finish up in the bathroom and leaned against the counter. You were confused yourself. The guy who got you pregnant came back saying how he loves you, and Gene's here being so supportive, and comforting, basically loving. Who could forget that the both of you kissed the other night?

(I did lmao)

You opened the bathroom door and exited the bathroom. You looked over and saw Gene deep in thought. You silently watched as he bit his bottom lip, then sighed. Gene looked over and saw that you were out. "Oh, you're done." You nodded, and he stayed silent.

"You should change too," you told him and he gave a small smile. "Yes, mother." He joked a bit and pushed himself off of the counter. "Before I do that..." Gene looked down at the floor. He took a deep breath, and looked over at you. "Are we going to ignore what happened the other night...?" He asked hesitantly and you opened your mouth, but closed it, thinking what to say.

"Sorry, I just.. it came up while I was waiting." Gene said taking your silence as an answer. "I'm gonna go change in my room." He announced and you watched as he turned around. "Ah- Gene." He stopped, and turned around to look at you. "Yes?"

"I.. the silence.. wasn't my answer.. I was thinking.."

Gene looked at the floor and nodded. "I'll.. be back." You sighed as you watched him disappear into a room. You sat in a chair and waited.

(Lot of waiting..)

Gene sighed when he came out of the room. Gene sat next to you and you looked over at him. And the both of you sat in silence. The only thing that was heard was the rain from outside and occasional thunder. "..are we going to ignore what happened?" He asked again.

You sighed in your mouth, and shook your head. "No,"

(See... I would do a bunch of choices in the one-shots like for this one. I wanted to do an option, where you could say yes to ignoring it, or no. But I'm not going to do that, because it'll be way too much work and I want to get these out asap.)

It was silent again, but it wasn't so awkward. It almost seemed comforting. "Here's a crazy thing.." you looked over to him.

("I mean, it's crazy!"
"What?"
"We finish each other's-"
"Sandwiches!")

"Even though we've spent a short amount of time together.." he started staring down at his hands. ".. I.. like you, a lot actually.. and I didn't want to say this, because of your problems right now." Gene said and your look softened a bit. He sighed, and rubbed the back of his neck.

"What are you going to do about all of this?"

Gene's Ending-

"Gene..." He glanced over to you. "Yes?" You glanced down at the table, then looked back to him. "I like you." His eyes widened a tiny bit. "What?"

"I'll rephrase that.. I love you."

(Imagine if Gene was saying that he only likes her as a friend, and the reader confesses to him and he's just like; "... I.. uh.. meant as a friend..." That would be so terrible, lmao)

Gene's face grew more red each passing second (tick). "O-oh.. wait.. what about Vylad?" You looked down, and gave a small shrug. "I don't know.. I just.. don't feel the same way about him." You admitted, trying to ignore his stare. "I mean, he left me and now wants to come back when I'm more than over him." Gene's anxiety slowly began to crumble away as you continued on.