-+Fate+- Dante x Reader

So, yes, I did change my name, it's Yang. Moving on, this takes place in Phoenix Drop High.
Enjoy
~~~~~------~~~~~
Dante sat in the chair tapping his index fingers together against his lips. He doesn't know how many times he's been here; maybe everyday since two months ago.

He sighed and laid his head back, waiting. He bit the inside of his cheek and moved his leg on top of his other one.

He will admit, he's worried. His girlfriend is suffering from something that the doctors can't put their finger on.

Dante heard a groan and looked over, signing in relief. He sat up and made his way over to the bed you occupied and he grabbed your hand.
"D....Dante..?" You quietly breathed out and he gave you a small smile. "Hey..." He quietly said. His grip tightened on your hand and his breath was shakey. "Y...You okay..?" He mumbled his question and you groaned a bit then looked around. "I.. how's school?...Is Gene doing okay?....How's your friends...?" You changed the subject. Your voice sounded like it was raspy, but yet, like you're losing your voice, breathless more of.

"School's okay.." Dante answered the first question laughing a tiny bit. "Gene... I dunno how he's doing.. My friends, are worried.." Dante finished the questions and you gave a small smile. "Good..." He heard you breath in, and it sounded awful. Dante ignored it and asked the same question; "Are you okay?"

You breathed out, and your breathing had an odd pattern; it wasn't breath, pause, breath. It was breath, less than half a minute pause, then breath. It was slow, and sloppy, and cut off. "Are....you doing good..in school?" You asked raspy, changing the subject again. "I'm not sure." He replied.

"(Y/N), stop changing the-""Remember.... Our promise..?" You asked breathlessly. Dante nodded. "Yeah.. We promised to get married." Dante said and you gave a small smile. "It's... Late.. You're going... To be late, for school.." You replied breathless again. Dante shook his head. "I'm not going." He said and you slowly took your hand away and laid it on your stomach. "You.. Have to, please? For.. Me? Get your education.."

Dante hesitately left the hospital and you stood where you were. A knock was heard at the door, then opened a second later. It was the class rep. She had light hair, like a light bluish purple. Her eyes were like a magenta, truly beautiful. "(Y/N) (L/N), that was the most clichéist thing I have ever heard." She told you in a monotone voice.

"If.. You came to speak my ear out until I die... Then I would want die to that.."

She hummed unamused. "No. I am not here for that. Not today, anyways.." She said readjusted her uniform shirt. "Then.. what?" She looked at you in your bed. "I wanted to speak with you.." She said with her voice softening. "I checked with the doctors before I came.. They, said that they can't do anything. That your dying and they cannot save you." She said, and you breathed breathlessly. "Thanks, for the reassurance." You sarcastically said. "So, you already know? Just as I thought."

"Of course I do... I feel like shit, my voice is dying out, my breathing is very off.. I sound like a bloody zombie when I breath...I knew it from the start.." The girl hummed. "When Dante asked you if you were alright. You changed the subject.. Why?"

You breathed and the girl furrowed her eyebrows. "I... Don't want him to know.." You said and she gave a stern look. "That I'm dying.. He's a blockhead.. He won't figure it out right now.." You smiled sadly. "Every since I was young.. I was told that my life.. Would be cut short. That I was going to die at any year, month, week, day, hour, minute, and second.. I was three when they told me.. 'She's going to die. All we know, is that she has something we cannot explain...' It would be a brain problem.. Or a health issue... They never told me when..." You sniffled. "They said that I could die the next day... That they can't say when. Just soon.. I lived in fear knowing that my death could be the next second, minute, hour, day, week, month, or year..." That last sentence, was the most you have ever spoken without breathing inbetween it.