-+The Magic of Trees+- Malachi x Reader

This was a suggestion, so I might as well do this.
This takes place in MCD
Enjoy
~~~~~------~~~~~

You were seven when Phoenix Drop was attacked, and when Lord Aphmau disappeared. You didn't exactly understand what was going on, but you knew most of the situation. Aphmau had some difficulties with Zane from O'hkasis, and he convinced Nicole's father that Nicole was taken by Aphmau.

You didn't quite get the problem with Garroth, Laurance, and Aphmau though.

You were the youngest in Phoenix Drop before Levin came along. The most you can remember is wondering around a forest until some guards found you and brought you to Phoenix Drop. You and Garroth had a special bond. Like a brother-sister bond. You looked up to him, and he cared for you.

You knew him better than anything. Probably better than yourself at the time. You knew how Garroth felt when Laurance suddenly came up, he felt dejected a bit and jealous.

But he became distant as time went on.

And you didn't understand. Garroth is basically your only family, and all you have. Seeing him turn the other way from you, hurt your (tiny) heart.

At the present time, you and everyone else is at Zoey's little village, and you've never seen anything more beautiful. It's been a couple of years since everyone else disappeared. Zoey told you that it's not quite safe yet to return to Phoenix Drop. Not until a better structure is built. The stronger, remaining males were sent back to Phoenix Drop to help rebuild it.

Since Malachi was closer to your age than Levin, you hung out with him more.

(I'm not exactly sure of his age, but all I know is that when Levin was a toddler, he was around 5-9, but let's just say that he was seven as well.)

Seven years has passed since the disappearance of Aphmau, and the rest, along with the war. Phoenix Drop is nearly finished, but for precaution, the kids stayed at Zoey's forest. (Whatever it's called). Out of the three boys, you were the most adventurous. Levin was way too cautious with everything, and Malachi suggested safer routes when exploring.

It got to the point where Levin didn't join on the expeditions, so it was just you and Malachi.

(By the way, how do you pronounce Malachi? I pronounce it Mala-kai)

"I suggest we don't go that way.." Malachi suggested, and you sighed, and continued on, ignoring his protest. "(Y/N), honestly, a branch could snap." You turned around and looked at him with a bored look, in which he blushed slightly and adverted his eyes.

"Why do you try taking the fun out of everything? I mean, we've been all over the place taking the safe routes. There's nothing left to actually explore." Malachi looked back over and opened his mouth to protest, but nothing came out. "Exactly. You've had your way for a while, now. Let me have my fun, if you want, you can go back." You started to climb up the rather large tree. You didn't get that far off, when you heard Malachi sigh. You glanced down and saw that he was hesitantly following you.

When you got to the top, you had to wait for a while for Malachi to get to the top as well. He was too busy trying to get the safest route. "Malachi, the longer you stand on the branch, the higher chance you get of it snapping." You called down.

A minute or two later, he finally came up, completely out of breath. "Please tell me this is the last time we're climbing tall trees." He breathed out and you gave a small laugh. "No." You said, and began looking around. "See? It's pretty up here. Sometimes, you have to do some dangerous things to see the prettiest things." Malachi cleared his throat and stood up. "I rather not die in the process."

"You won't as long as you're careful."

Malachi sighed at your stubbornness, and followed you deeper into the forest. The deeper the both of you got, the more closed off area it was. Fireflies and small fairies flew around. The grass was a bit of a minty green. The tree wood was a deep plum, and the leaves were also a mint color. The trees has small lights in it's branches. "..maybe you are right." Malachi mumbled, loud enough for you to hear.

You walked up to the rather large plum tree and put your hand on the oak. The small meadow is quiet, there's faint wind blowing, the small music from the fairies, and small water running. "The music is nice.." you mumbled and Malachi nodded. "Reminds me of a music box."

(If you've ever watched the 2003 Peter Pan, and you know the Fairy dance scene, that's what I was going for)

You peaked into a small hole in the tree and watched the fairies. Malachi walked up behind you and looked inside as well. "You know more about fairies than I do, is this a normal thing?" You asked and Malachi hummed. "From what I know of, they occasionally do this." He answered. You moved away from the hole in the tree and immediately bumped into Malachi.

You looked over at him. You never noticed that he was half a head taller than you, nor how pretty his eyes are. But you were too busy adventuring around for the past few years to ever notice. Malachi averted his eyes and you watched as his face began to turn red. You bit the side of your lip and leaned against the tree.

Malachi inched forward a tiny bit, but he cleared his throat and took a step back. "It.. it's getting late, we should go back-""No, it's still early." You said, and pushed yourself off of the tree. "U-um..." Malachi rubbed the back of his neck, you sighed and moved over to Malachi. You looked at his scarf and played with it a bit. He watched as you gently played and tugged at it. You wrapped the end of it around your hand, and jerked it forward, making him jerk towards you.

Malachi's face burned a bright red, as the tips of your noses brushed together. You gave a gentle sigh, as his eyes darted around nervously. "..u-uhm.." you bit the inside of your cheek as you leaned forward a tiny bit, closing the space in between the both of you.

Extended Ending-

You and Malachi finally arrived back at the small town and Levin walked over to the both of you. "Why were you to out so late?" He asked, and Malachi didn't answer. "We climbed a tree." You responded, and Levin raised an eyebrow. "You and Malachi climbed a tree? Malachi climbed a tree?" You nodded and he shook his head with a sigh. "The things you do for your girlfriend.." you and Malachi shared a glance.

"I'm sorry, what?" Levin looked over. ""Girlfriend"?" He looked between the both of you. "You're-.. you're not together?" He asked. "It's just.. you two are really close, so, I kinda just.. all of us thought so." Malachi sighed, and Levin gave a small laugh. "I'll see you two later." He said, and then walked off into the village. You looked up to Malachi who was pouting a bit. You took his hand and he looked over. You gave a small smile,he returned it and gently squeezed it.
~~~~~------~~~~~
I'm kinda having a writer's block..
I wanted to make a holiday special for Garroth, but I don't know what to do.
If you have any suggestions for Garroth feel free to comment a one-shot you want. It doesn't have to be holiday related.

If you want any character done with a scenario, then feel free to say so.

Anyways, that's it for this one. For the person who suggested this, I hope you liked it.

I appreciate your existence and have a Merry Christmas.