「99th period」: flight time

Start from the beginning

"J-Just kidding! You don't have to" she immediately took it back to which I couldn't help but smile.

In all honesty, a part of me would miss this stubborn infuriating midget, but it wasn't like I'd ever admit that.

✖︎︎●✖︎

An hour later, the twins arrived, we were spending as much time we could with her in those two hours, but until then Iroha wouldn't leave Okuda's side one bit.

"I still can't win over Okuda, huh?" I grumbled quietly in irritation, only to be surprised when a particular couple sat beside me.

"Akabane-kun, are you jealous of Okuda-san?" Fujioka asked me and I immediately brushed off such an idea.

"Fujioka-chan, you've been hanging out with Itona too much, your becoming as blunt as he is" I told her, only for Itona to interrupt us.

"That has nothing to do with this. Anyone who'd hear that would think that your jealous of your girlfriend's best friend".

His tongue was as sharp as the first time we've met him.

"Your always brutally honest, aren't you, Itona-kun~" I told him with a menacing aura until the girl chuckled.

The ex-idol smiled at me, "I think it's cute. Iroha's always been jealous of your best friend after all".

"Huh? Really?" Itona asked the same question I wanted to tell her.

"Nagisa-kun, was it? She told me about how she a tad bit envious seeing as he understood you so much—" she trailed on, only to be cut off when Iroha placed a hand over her friend's mouth.

"Okay that's enough, Hotaru-chan" the blunette stopped her from saying any more, taking both Itona and Fujioka by the sleeve before telling them to hurry off.

I smirked as she sat beside me, finally earning the opportunity to monopolize her for the day.

"So, you were jealous of Nagisa, huh?"

"Lies" she denied it, before taking it back. "Okay— well maybe a tad bit".

"You were always helping me. I hated depending on you, I hated owing you... You were there for me and I couldn't do the same things Nagisa does for you" she admitted, laughing sheepishly as soon as she said it.

"Hm, what can Nagisa do that you can't?" I pried into the topic, and the girl immediately answered.

"For starters, he's the only one you listen to. With your skills, Nagisa's best suited as your partner back in our assassination days. He's done so much for you, and I couldn't do anything at all—" she rambled on before I stopped her.

I really didn't want to admit it, because I knew just embarrassing it would be, but—

"You've always supported me from behind. You try to act tough for others. I'm not stupid not to notice that you try your best to make me count on you" I assured her trying to keep my cool and saying no more.

For all I know, she's always had that straightforward personality. She faced other people's problems head on. She was meddlesome and annoying, and truthfully she was always hard to deal with, but I wouldn't ask for more.

You're you, that's good enough for me, I thought, making sure I didn't let any of that slip out.

"Iroha!" Her brother called out to her, as the class gathered, knowing well that the past two hours had flown by too fast.

"Ah, it's time, huh?" She sighed, smiling at me one last time, and managing to surprise me with one last embrace.

"Here" I pulled out a bar of chocolate from my pocket, trying to hide the embarrassment, "It's white day, isn't it?".

She had that stupid cheeky grin plastered on her face, when she took it, "Karma, when I come back I better get my birthday gift too!"

"Your still as demanding as ever" I flicked her forehead, as we walked back towards the others in order for her to tell them her final goodbyes.

"You better come home" I told her, a foot away from the crowd, as the girl laughed it off with a smile.

"That's pretty obvious isn't it?".