「89th period」: light time

I R O H A    I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

season 2 episode 21

The last few weeks were great, (no joke).

In fact it was so fun and enjoyable to the point that we didn't see it coming. I think that was what probably got us.

We thought it'd end with a simple assassination, that it would end uneventful. Heck, if possible, that Korosensensei would stay alive after graduation.

But that was exactly the problem.

We were naive.

It was as if we were all drowned in ecstasy to the point wherein it felt like we'd been run over a truck, and slapped back into reality. It took one look to realize and to fill us up with dread in our guts.

When our last day ended with a Final Career Consultation, we knew that we'd still come back to continue the assassination 'till graduation. It was supposed to be plain, old and uneventful.

But seeing that changed everything in a blink of a second.

I was playing video games at Karma's until night fall. The plan was to win a couple of rounds and then go straight home.

That was supposed to happen, but it never followed through.

When the crimson beam of light struck the grounds of the mountains, the next thing we knew, another batch lasers formed a shield of light that enveloped the campus.

"What's that?" I looked out the window, as soon as I caught sight of it in the corner of my eye, wondering what could have possibly happened, when the redhead stood beside me, surprised himself.

It all dawned upon us unexpectedly, like a punch in the gut.

"Iroha, check out the news" he motioned towards the television, when we received a single message from Karasuma-sensei.

— — — — —

From: Tadaomi Karasuma (Sensei)
Subject: Emergency Transmission
All of you are to await on standby at
your homes.
Until you receive permission, your job
is to not discuss this with any other.

✖︎︎●✖︎

As if we'd actually obey that after the little scheme they pulled off.

To put it simply, their plan was foolproof. The news, the announcements, everything was clearly against Korosensei. Getting the support from the media and then finishing it off with their high-tech weapons.