「82nd period」: return time

Start from the beginning

The volt opened with Karma and Nagisa climbing out of it.

"Phew!" Korosensei let out a sigh of relief only to be cut short by Karasuma-sensei.

"What in god's name have you done?".

I slowly walked away from those three, runnjng towards the group, letting Korosensei hear and answer to the rest of it.

"We're home! Nagisa smiled.

✖︎︎●✖︎

"Whoa! Check out this data!"

"I'm glad you got it, but with all this jargon---I can't understand a word!".

Ritsu kept flashing the document on her screen, automatically scrolling down for us to see the entire thing.

"I'll be laughing my ass off if they ended up giving you fake information" I teased Karma as I handed him a tetra pack of strawberry milk.

"If I remember, they took quite the liking to us. Excuse you~" he smirked smugly, piercing the straw into the juice box, while he and Nagisa continued changing in their uniform.

"I'll handle it. Let's see here..." Okuda volunteered, reading it in terms we could understand. "An experiment in space proved that the risk of explosion for a tentacle creature is inversely proportional to its size".

"The bigger it is, the more stable, while the smaller ones have a higher likelihood of exploding. Unlike those the size of a small mouse, the probability of a human-sized creature going berserk and exploding is much lower than expected"

"Huh? That means..." Kataoka looked at her.

"Additionally, the drug indicated below is administered and a silicon compound is periodically stimulated to flow through the body" Okuda continued reading. "Simply put, by relieving muscular stiffness, the risk of them going berserk decreases dramatically".

"Stiffness?" Maehara and Isogai asked simultaneously.

"When the following conditions are satisfied... the possibility of explosion, even at the highest... is less than one percent".

"One percent?!"

"It is likely that other cells will die out before any explosion occurs, and the creature will gently evaporate within 90 years" Okuda finished.

"So can you make this drug or what?" Terasaka pointed towards the screen.

"It's surprisingly easy. In fact... I made one almost exactly like it before" she told us.

"That one?!" The whole class exclaimed, confusing me.

"What're they talking about?" I turned to Karma who waved me off. "You weren't here yet, back then".

"Hmm..." I hummed. I didn't think it'd be this easy to find a cure...

"Your're kidding right?!" Fuwa exclaimed. "The key to solving this was right there all along?!".

"Are you sure?" Muramatsu also queried, "I mean, it was almost too easy to find".

"No---the road here wasn't all that easy" Kayano interrupted.

"Kayano..." Nagisa mumbled her name.

"Because my sister risked her life to stop Korosensei as he was turning into a destructive creature. Because Korosensei followed in her footsteps, risking his life to teach us. If we hadn't risked our lives, we probably wouldn't be able to make that drug, and we wouldn't have grown into a class that could look for answers way out in space" she monologued.

"Either way, less than one percent is as good as zero!" Sugino cheered. "Even if we can't kill him, the Earth won't explode!".

Cheers and laughter boomed in the class once again, before a sudden realization from the class rep.

"Wait...what about the assassination?"

They all started looking at him.

"The one we've been working on since our first term? Should we just call it off as of today?" Isogai continued his question.

"Huh? I... I guess we can. Wait..." Sugino thought about it, doubting as well.

"Nagisa! Whaddya wanna do?" Terasaka as well as the entire bunch averted our attention to look at him. "This was your idea".

"No matter how minute the possibility, the government won't cancel its assassination plans, not as long as he remains a dangerous creature" Karasuma-sensei told us, as we awaited our classmates decision.

"I want to treat everyone's feelings with care, especially now that we've come through that tunnel" Nagisa smiled as he trailed on.

"Here's what we decided: If we couldn't kill Korosensei by the March deadline, we'd graduate from assassination and go back to being plain old students and teacher. But until that deadline, we'd wield our blades with conviction".

"After all, here 'assassination' is our bond with our teacher--- and a compulsory course from Korosensei, who'd nurtured us".