『omake』: arrangement time

Start from the beginning

So it's her son, huh?

Ugh.

"Mom, see, even her child doesn't want to see me" I pointed out and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Nonsense, why in the world would you think that?" she asked, and I couldn't help but deadpan.

"Because I want to do the same thing he did".

"Iroha" she warned, as one of their other business partners were about to approach us.

"I'll go to the washroom for awhile" I told her, "I'll come back don't worry".

"Don't take too long".

✖︎︎●✖︎

To: Spawn of Satan
Subject: BAKABANE, SAVE ME IM DYING
KARMA,
I NEED AN ESCAPE PLAN,
PLEASE CALL ME ASAP.
MY LIFE IS ON THE LINE.

From: Spawn of Satan
Subject: lol, i'd prefer to watch you suffer
Sounds urgent.
But as much as I'd love to
witness your anguish,
I'm in a crisis myself.

To: Spawn of Satan
Subject: n/a
Parents?

From: Spawn of Satan
Subject: n/a
Parents.

From: Spawn of Satan
Subject: n/a
Welp, my mother's on her way,
I'll call you later when I get
away from the devil's clutches.

I heaved a sigh as I read his messages.

We meet them at least once in a blue moon, and we can barely even get along.

Great.

I walked back towards our table, with my mother's friend standing right beside her.

"There you are" she greeted me when I returned, and I gave one of those faked smiles towards the woman beside her.

"Iroha-chan, I'd like you to meet my son. He's the same age as you are" she told me.

"Were heading to him right now. It seems like he's having a conversation with his father and one of their business partners" my mother informed me, as we walked across the floor.

Well, I used to get in a lot of trouble, I could at least escape this one, right?

It was only a short while until I had to face this plan of theirs, the next thing I knew, we were already standing in front of the group of men.

I looked down, avoiding eye contact, only to hear a familiar voice speak up.

"I told you, I have a girlfriend" the person who I was assuming was her son, spoke, in an irritable tone if I say do myself.

"Well, when you meet this kind and beautiful lady, I doubt you keep that lie up" his mom, huffed, unconvinced as I looked up to see who the person was.

"Karma?".

"Iroha?".

Such a small world we live in.

Thank god, I thought for a second, before smirking myself. "Heh~ Your girlfriend must be so amazing huh?~".

"No, more like, she's lucky to have me around~" he countered smoothly.

"Eh? You two..." my mom looked at us, quite surprised that we were that close.

"We're classmates" he smiled, hiding his demonic attitude underneath.

"Of all the people, I can't believe you were trying to hook me up with Karma" I laughed softly.

"What about it?" his mom asked the meaning behind my statement.

"I told you, I have a girlfriend" the redhead told his mother.

"Iroha-chan?" His mother looked at me, "is that true?".

"Yeah..." I trailed on and faced my mom. "About that... I was going to tell you. You see, I'm kinda going out with this guy..."

My mom raised a brow, and it was Karma's turn to smirk.

"She's going out with me" he answered before I did, and the two women immediately gasped.

"You mean..." my mom pointed and I nodded.

"We're dating".

"I can't believe we went through all that trouble" his mom sighed.

I should have gotten her name, in the first place, I mentally scolded myself.

"Nice, to meet you then, Mrs. Akabane" I smiled politely at her.

"Likewise. Thank you for taking care of my son" she smiled at me.

"Rather, I take care of her" Karma corrected her and I jabbed his side.

"Well, that's that, may we be excused then?" he smiled at both his mother and mine.

My mom was the one who allowed us, "Sure, you two can spend the evening together"

✖︎︎●✖︎

We finally escaped, I sighed in relief, walking to the exit with the redhead beside me.

I've been dying to get out of there, I thought, as Karma placed an arm around me.

"I've been thinking about what my mother said..." he told me. "Iroha, since when were you kind?~"