-+It's Not Worth It Anymore+- Gene x Reader

Start from the beginning

You swore that a chibi devil and angle popped onto your shoulder. The devil telling you to listen to their conversation and push them together, while the angel told you to ignore it and leave them be.

You decided to listen to the good side because the coffee was done anyways. You grabbed the coffee and left the kitchen to KC and her little boyfriend.

You walked over to the guys table amd placed down the coffee in front of him. "Smells great." He said in his deep voice. You gave a small nod. You looked off to the side avoiding the guy's gaze. "Ivan." He said and you gave him a weird look.

"That's my name," He responded and you gave a hesitant nod, wondering if you should stay for a minute or leave asap. "Uhm, that's uh, nice name." You slowly said and he drank his coffee. You found it awkward by standing near this guy, since he gave you bad vibes. You turned around and started to walk away. "What's your name?" He suddenly asked and you turned around.

You opened your mouth to say something. "That's none of your business, Ivan." Gene said before you could speak. The man with red eyes smirked. "Well isn't it little Gene!" He laughed a bit. "I haven't seen you in a while!" Gene glared to the side then looked back at Ivan. "How's your little crush on that girl? I saw a ring on her finger and I know that it wasn't you!" You looked at Gene who seemed unamused by his remarks.

"I don't like her."

You snorted a tiny bit and looked away. Gene kept is gaze on Ivan who looked amused by his reply. "Ah, so you don't now..? Or is it because that you just don't like me enough to say the truth?"

You looked at the two and sighed a bit. Gene stayed quiet and kept his glare. "Heh, well you know WHAT?" Ivan asked rasing his voice a bit. "I do know what." You stated. "It seems that you, sir, are bothering the customers and attracting a lot of attention. I would advise if you kept it down, or we'll be forced to send you out."

Ivan grumbled and started drinking his coffee. You turned around with a huff and walked to the kitchen, knowing that Gene is following. Once you got inside the kitchen fortunately, KC and her little boyfriend are gone. You sighed and leaned against the counter.

"I want to get over her.." He mumbled and you looked down, staying quiet. "But, I just can't.." He mumbled again and you clenched your fists.

'What's so good about her?' ran through your mind. For some reason she's a guy magnet, almost every guy falls for her even when she doesn't try. You knew that this is pointless.

The countless teasing, the stupid nickname, the once and awhile flirting, was all the happened between you and Gene in highschool. And when you saw him again, he told everyone that he regrets everything about highschool.

It's not worth trying to help him get over this stupid crush, because he probably doesn't plan on doing so anytime soon. Maybe you can say that it breaks your heart.

Knowing that the guy you've liked fell for a girl who has no interest in him in that way what so ever. How he probably doesn't remember the stuff between you two in highschool.

It's not worth going through this.

"Then that's something we have in common..." You mumbled and he looked at you with a confused look. You walked to the exit of the kitchen. "We both can't seem to get over our crush." Then you walked out and continued doing your job.

Kawaii~Chan knew about your little crush on Gene, and she did admit that she listened to the whole conversation. She kept checking on you asking if you're okay and all that.

Soon, it was closing time and you took your time getting ready to leave. You decided to clean up and for some reason Kawaii~Chan wanted to as well. "(Y/N)~Chi?" KC quietly mumbled out and you hummed in response. "What happened between you and Gene~Kun?" She asked and you stopped what you were doing.

"Nothing.. Why?"

KC looked down at the tiled floor. "It's just that, (Y/N)~Chi seems more.. Quieter than usual." She said and you shrugged. "I like being quiet." You told her and continued washing the dishes.

KC sighed and started putting away the cleaned dishes and cups. "Do you still like Gene...?" KC asked breaking out of her third-person speaking which gave you the chills. You looked down.

It's not worth it anymore. Gene has a hopeless crush on Aphmau who's soon to be getting married and won't ever know that he liked her.

And you have a hopeless crush on Gene who won't ever know because he's upset about Aph getting engaged.

"No.." You mumbled then looked out the window in front of you. KC stopped what she was doing and looked at you with sympathy. "Why..?"

"Because it's not worth it anymore..."

Ext. Ending-

Gene leaned against the wall and looked down hearing the girls conversation. He was in a dilemma. He liked Aphmau because of recent events, but he still liked you because of highschool. Now because he got too caught up with Aph's engagement...

He lost the girl he truly liked.
~~~~~-----~~~~~
Welp, that's the end of this. Sorry that it's shorter than usual. I didn't know whether or not to name the chapter 'It's Not Worth It Anymore' or 'Too Late'.

Question;
What's your favorite one-shot of mine?

Anyways, if you liked this PUNCH THAT VOTE BUTTON, IN THE FACE! LIKE A BOSS! AND AS ALWAYS, I'LL SEE YOU! IN THE NEXT THING I POST!

BUH-BYE!

I always seem to publish at night. :/
Guess It can't be helped.. By the way, I actually have a room now. My father organized all of my brothers shit, so yeah.

Who do you want to see next?