「64th period」: first time

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I can't stand being siblings with Shu-chan" I joked, referring to his son, who's been my childhood friend since who knows when.

He chuckled, ruffling my hair for a moment, "my wife says you should come by for dinner sometimes. Oh, and... I hope you learn a lot from that octopus".

I nodded politely.

"It's thanks to you that I met this class".

︎✖︎︎●✖︎

As we were finally dismissed for the day, I tagged along beside Karma, wanting to mess with him for awhile.

As much as I hated to admit it, a part of me really did miss him.

"Can I come over to your place? I got a lot of new games Hiyori-san bought me" I asked the redhead, who's been drinking a pack of strawberry milk.

"I don't see why it has to be at my place, though~" he told me.

"Karma" I looked at him before deadpanning, "Do you actually think I have good food at my place?".

"Ah, so I'm just your source of food, huh? I'm hurt Iroha-chan~" he feigned hurt while I crossed my arms.

"But I've been eating junk these days. And I'm reeeaaally sick of convenience store bentos" I complained, dragging the vowel to emphasize my point.

"You sound like a kid.~" He teased, "Well, not that your height's far from it".

"Why you---" I felt a vein pop.

"Seriously speaking, though, Iroha-chan~" he looked at me. "You shouldn't be so willing to hang out with a guy behind closed doors. Do you remember what happened last time?".

Damn you Bakabane, I'm trying to put it past us!, I mentally screamed, feeling my face heat up.

"Eh? What's this? You're not running away?~" he asked.

"I won't fall for your tricks twice!" I stuck my tongue out.

"Fine, fine~".

"But you know, Karma. If you do such things, the girl you like won't take you seriously" I warned him, trying to keep a nonchalant vibe.

"Do you seriously think, I'd do that to just anybody?" he argued.

Karma raised his voice for the first time.

"Like I said, Iroha-chan, you need some awareness.~" he said, reverting to his usual demeanor. "If I attack you again, what would it be this time---".

"If it's you then it's fine" I cut him off, surprising even myself.

"H-ha? Can you hear what your saying?~" Karma looked at me as if I finally lost it.

"I-I trust that you won't do those things... Or I want to (trust you), at least" I looked down at the side walk, trying to avoid his eyes.

"Are you that dense?" He asked me. "I like you--- I already kissed you once... I can't control myself when were together. If I'm alone with I could do even more things---".

I felt my heart rate go up, and my face get even warmer.

"Damn" I heard him curse, with a face that was, more or less, as red as mine.

"I-If it's you then it's fine!" I repeated, stammering as I said it.

"Like I said, Iroha---"

"I-I like you, you dipshit----" I cut him off.

"Ah shit, it slipped" I covered my mouth when I realized it, but after awhile, I decided to carry on with it, "I mean--- I totally get that you're a cheeky bastard and a jerk, and you love to get on my nerves---"

"What kind of compliment is that?~" Karma but in teasing me like he usually did.

God, my face must've been a comparison to his hair.

"Don't interrupt me!" I scolded, stammering along the way, "A-anyways, even so, with all the things you've done, d-do you honestly think that after everything I wouldn't end up liking you?".

"You're unbelievable" he mutters and heaves a sigh, pulling my arm as he dragged me into an embrace.

I couldn't speak. If anything, it sounded like my heart was going to explode. His touch burned through my skin.

That's it.

I'm definitely sick.