「54th period」: truth time

Start from the beginning

She blushed, "don't bring up that topic so suddenly!".

She was become more honest as the moments passed.

Did the End Class, really impact her this much?

"Yes, yes. Don't die studying" I told her as I walked towards her door. "Bye".

✖︎●✖︎

The silence made me sleepy. And it wasn't helping that I was trying to read about the subject I hated the most. In fact, it was that point wherein my eyelids got heavy, and I heaved out a yawn.

I was starting to recall what Iroha and I talked about the other night.

"Ishikawa-kun?" Okuda snapped me from my thoughts, once again, her purple hair seemed to glisten under the sunlight the seeped into the windows of the library.

"Ah, sorry. I daze off when I study" I told her.

"I don't mind" she assured me with a smile.

This is bad.

"Okuda-san, don't you think that sometimes, you're being too kind to people?" I asked her, my mouth moving spontaneously.

Shut up, Hikaru.

"People can take advantage of you, you know" I inched closer, taking her glasses.

"U-uh... Ishikawa-kun?" She stammered.

"Sorry", I smiled at her, reverting back to my usual self.  "I'm this kind of person, so you should stop associating yourself with me".

"I-It's fine. It was just surprised, that's all" she returned the gesture.

Yup, Iroha would definitely kill me.

It wasn't that I liked this girl in front of me or anything, and I doubt she'd feel the same either way, it was just that I had a bad habit.

There was that itch that made me want to taunt with people. Sadism, perhaps?

"You're like an chemical reaction. Sometimes you do the unexpected, huh?" She blurted out.

I sweat dropped.

"Okuda-san, you really are into science aren't you?" I pointed out.

She blushed, "I'm sorry... I tend to ramble---".

"It's fine~" I assured her. "It's kind of amusing how you compared them to people".

"Well, they really aren't so different when you think about it" she said. "There are various combinations, formulas and effects. Whereas in humans, we have people that go well together with us, certain personalities, and various stories-. And sometimes some things aren't what they seem to be-- Ah, I'm sorry. I'm rambling again".

"I told you, it's fine~".

She did have a point, though

She did have a point, though. Other than Iroha, the only other two people I got along with, was Karma and Nagisa.

I got into fights. People beat me up. Karma joins in and gets back at them. Nagisa watched from the sidelines and patches me up.

It was an ongoing cycle.

That goes way back, though. Oddly, we just grew apart. I didn't know if it started with Karma or Nagisa, but they just started following their own paces. One way or another, I interacted with different people. Before I knew it, we were regular ol' classmates.

Come to think of it. Nothing really lasted.

"You're lucky" I told her, "you tend to go crazy about the things you love".

"Eh?" she tilted her head slightly. "Ishikawa-kun, isn't it the same for you?".

I shook my head and admitted it, "For me, liking something, is the beginning of the end".