「52nd period」: request time

Start from the beginning

"I see. Thanks for telling me" I told her, glancing at the two other girls she was walking together with. "Sorry for taking up your time".

"I-It's fine" she nodded, before turning to her friends.

"A-Ah! Iroha-chan? I see I see" her green haired companion kept nodding, right after I excused myself. "Wait! Ishikawa-kun!".

"If you're still looking for Iroha-chan. Why don't you have Okuda-san, here, come with you? She's going to visit Iroha after all---"

"Sure thing, that is if it's alright".

"O-Okay" the purple head stammered.

✖︎●✖︎

I never thought, there'd come a day wherein I'd face a difficulty in dealing with people.

"Ishikawa-san, you seem like you're close to Iroha-chan, huh?" She mumbled, the awkward tension has been quite heavy for awhile now.

"I guess" I agreed with her.

Of all the types of people, I couldn't get along with this one.

The quiet, timid type.

I could charm her and sweet talk the girl like how I've dealt with the others, but I couldn't do anything if she doesn't give the responses I yearn for.

"To be honest, I used to be pretty close with Nagisa and Karma as well" I told her.

"I see" she muttered.

God. The silence was unbearable. No wonder she seemed so hesitant to invite me to walk with her.

"U-um, if you don't mind me asking, why have you been waiting for her?" she asked.

"It's not really waiting. I mean, I was, but, there's this important favor I need to ask of her" I admitted. "It doesn't have to be her I've been waiting for Karma too".

"It seems like it's very urgent then".

"You could say that" I sighed. "You see, I'm no good. I've never been good at studying so I was hoping one of them could teach me. I'm getting desperate as well".

It took a moment of silence before I heard from the girl, "U-um, if it's alright with you I can help as well... But I'm only good at Science...".

"Really?" I turned to her, never expecting such a response.

"Mhm" she nodded. "You see, Iroha-chan's done a lot for me so I thought that if I could help her friends out then maybe I could at least repay her for everything---".

"You make it feel so distant, Okuda-san" I chuckled. "Then from now on, were also friends, alright?".

"Is that alright?".

"What's with that?" I queried, slightly laughing myself. "We have a lot of mutual friends, right? You don't need a reason nor do you need to ask if it's alright in order to be friends".

 "We have a lot of mutual friends, right? You don't need a reason nor do you need to ask if it's alright in order to be friends"

"I-I see" she responded with a smile. "Your amazing Ishikawa-san. You're good with words and people, and you're quite talented with sports too. You're dazzling just like the sun. I think you have more redeeming qualities than you think. That's why it's not that you're no good".

I tint of pink slightly made its way to my face as I felt the embarrassment get out of hand. This girl's the type that couldn't hide anything even if she tried, isn't she?

"I'm starting to question which one's the amazing one between us two" I told her, the girl who just replied with a curt laugh.

"I'm looking forward to work with you" she told me politely.