I am the King, Right? - Chapter 34

~Michael~

I was disappointed I wasn’t able to spend more time with Is on her birthday, but I wasn’t going to let that keep me down now. I wasn’t going to because Izzy was now mine. Just that thought alone made me want to get up and just dance around.

But I was too tired to dance. I hadn’t thought doing an extra hour at the build today would be so tiring, but it was.

Right now, Izzy and I were lying down on the grass staring up at the stars. Or at least I was. Is had ended up bringing out her laptop because her mom was online and she hadn’t talked to her in a bit.

But I didn’t mind. I didn’t want to keep Is from talking to her mom without having to wait for a delayed reply that came with email or the price of a phone call.

I was on my back looking up at the dark sky with one arm crossed behind my head. My other arm was around Is as she laid against my side with her head propped up on my shoulder so she could see the screen of the laptop. Even the simplest things like this made me beyond happy.

I turned my head so that my face was in Izzy’s hair. The smell of her shampoo filled my nostrils. I buried my head in deeper and smelled her neck, trying to memorize her scent.

“Uh, Mikey?” Is said. There was a slight edge of panic in her voice. I froze, was this wrong, me sniffing her hair

“Eh?” I asked sheepishly.

“What did you spend eight mil on?” Is asked sweetly. I sat up immediately.

“Eight mil, as in million?” I asked still trying to process it.

“Yeah, that’s how much you spent in the last month.”

Is rolled onto her side, away from me, so that we were facing each other.

“Anything you need to tell me?” she asked raising her eyebrow.

“How did you come up with eight million? You must have added wrong,” I knew it was a stretch, this was Is I was talking to.

“Mikey,” she said giving me a stern look.

“How much has been spent on the Sorsa Project?” I knew the number because of the reports and it was nowhere close to being even a million. It was just at five thousand so far because even with all the stuff we’ve had to buy, Is has gotten us a ton of deals.

Is gave me the ‘you’re stupid’ look.

“Where did you find the eight million?” I asked.

Is rolled back onto her stomach, ramming into me slightly. I almost toppled over her but I managed to balance myself before I fell.

“Here,” Is said jabbing her finger at the screen. I looked over her head and saw that she had my personal finances pulled up.

“Why were you in there?” I asked. It was password protected.

“I was just making sure that in a month or so, when we used up all the money your uncle gave us, that we would still have some money to use for the project. Then I realized that your expenses were really strange,” Is said quickly. Well, yeah I guess that made perfect sense to her.

“But how did you get in there?” I asked again.

“Your password was easy to break. I only had to try two things. If I didn’t figure it out I was just going to ask you,” Izzy said with a shrug. Now I was embarrassed, my password was her name.

“What was the first thing you tried?”

“Password.”

Of course.