I am the King, Right? - Chapter 33

~Michael~

She said yes!

That was the one thought that repeated through my head all of last night and this morning.

I still couldn’t believe it. Last night, I had to keep pinching myself to make sure that I wasn’t dreaming at any point. It was all real, and that was the most amazing thing.

My uncle called a meeting this morning. Since I had been excused from most of his rants and lectures, I had to go to this one. We weren’t building today, so there was no excuse for me to not. Besides I had to give Uncle Harold the fake reports Is had done up. I’m just glad my girlfriend had explained them to me a couple of days ago.

Wow I liked saying that.

My girlfriend.

Before I went down to breakfast, I stopped Jessica in the little living room of our apartment.

“Jessica,” I said coldly. I tried to avoid talking to her at all costs, but it was hard when she was my betrothed.

“Oh Michael, it is so good to hear you voice,” Jessica purred stepping closer to me. She laid her hand over my chest and I managed to restrain myself from flinching away from her touch.

“Uh, sure,” I said slightly scared from the crazed chick in front of me. “I need to talk to you,” I said.

“Mm, I’m listening,” Jessica said playing with the neckline of my shirt. I wanted to gag right about now.

“I asked Isabelle to be my girlfriend last night,” I told her solemnly. I managed to supress my excitement.

Jessica’s hand dropped from my shirt and stepped back from me. “Oh I see.”

“You said I could date someone if I wanted, so I chose Is,” I told her. If she got mad now after her huge announcement the other day.

“Just don’t get too attached,” Jessica said curtly before leaving the room swiftly.

I just ignored Jessica’s weirdness and carried on to breakfast.

When I got there Uncle Harold, Jessica, Chef Dermen and Izzy were already seated and were helping themselves to the food laid out on the table.

Breakfast was the most relaxed meal of the day. Chef Dermen put the different food in dishes that would keep them warm and then everyone helped themselves when they wanted.

Is had also been eating every meal with me at the castle since then night I begged her to when Jessica was driving me crazy. No one else had every ate with us. I guess eating with your king and his adviser might be a little intimidating.

My breath caught when I saw Is sitting at the table with her dad next to her. It made sense that he would be eating with us, it was his day off and he had taken it off to spend time with his daughter.

“Good morning,” I said feeling an even larger smile spread across my face.

I sat in the empty chair next to Is and took her hand under the table. I wanted to kiss her lips, her cheek, her shoulder, something; all the skin that was visible in the tank top and shorts she was wearing was just too distracting.

But I managed to refrain herself. I wasn’t about to kiss her here in front of my fiancée and her dad. That was just too weird.

“Morning Mikey,” Is said with a smile that was probably equal to mine. It was good to know I wasn’t the more enthusiastic one in this relationship.

I dropped her hand only because I had to eat.

When breakfast was over, Is gave my hand a squeeze before leaving with her dad.