I am the King, Right? - Chapter 22

~Isabelle~

“Where’s your disguise?” I questioned.

Mikey shrugged. “You never told me where we were going, it can't be that important can it?”

“Yes it is!” I pushed against his chest in hopes of getting him to move. “Go get a disguise.”

“Do you know what is happening?” Mikey asked looking over my shoulder at Diego.

“No, she wouldn’t tell me either,” Diego said.

“Izzy, tell me why I need the disguise and I will go and get one,” Mikey said putting his hands on my bare shoulders so I had to stop pushing him.

“I have a surprise for you, do you have to make me ruin it?” I said crossing my arms over my chest. I am trying to do something for Mikey, the least he could do is let me do it.

“Yes. I’m king, I don’t like being surprised,” Mikey said in his I’m-so-awesome voice. He dropped his hands from my shoulders and crossed his arms over his chest as well.

“Fine I guess I will just call Liam back and tell him I am free today if you don’t want to hang out with me,” I reasoned.

Mikey’s face softened. “No I want to hang out with you Izzy,” he said.

I smiled. “Good now go and get disguised.”

Mikey sighed but this time he left.

I turned to face Diego. “Are you sure you won't get in trouble for this?” I asked him again. I didn’t want him getting into any kind of trouble just because of me and my ideas.

Diego smiled. “No I won't. Technically, I will still be protecting the king.”

“Oh good.”

“You two are so funny to watch,” Diego said shaking his head slightly.

“Why is that?” I asked.

“Well uh…” He thought for a moment. “You tease each other like little kids,” Diego lied.

“What were you going to say? Come one, I’m a big girl, I can handle it,” I sound pounding my fist against my chest twice.

“Nope.” Diego smiled mischievously. “You would kill me if I did.”

“Please,” I pleaded.

“No.”

“Aw, why not?” I said sticking my bottom lip out in a pout.

“Kingy asked me not to.”

“Oh.” I raised one of my eyebrows. “And what does this have to do with Mikey?”

“Well you asked why I thought you too were funny to watch and Kingy asked me not to tell you,” Diego said trying to cover his mistake.

“That still doesn’t explain anything. Why would I kill you for something Mikey asked you not to tell me?”

“Shh.” Diego put a finger to his lips and then whispered, “It’s a secret.”

I shook my head. “I don’t know why I hang out with so many guys. You people are all strange. At least with a girl you know when she’s planning on murdering you.”

“What?” Now it was Diego’s turn to be confused.

I shrugged. “Just an observation I’ve made.”

“Wait are you implying that I’m going to murder you?”

I shook my head. “No that was just an example. Wait! Maybe it’s just an Arsom thing.”