I am the King, Right? - Chapter 19

~Michael~

"Uncle Harold," I called as I rounded the corner and saw him disappearing down the other side.

"Yes my boy?" He asked turning to face me and waiting for me to catch up to him.

"Please read this," I said handing him the contract I had made up as soon as I had gotten back earlier. I had wanted to stay with Is longer, but I knew it was too risky for her. I didn’t want her getting in more trouble than she already caused naturally.

'This is an apology to Isabelle," Uncle Harold said glancing at it.

"I am aware of that," I said calmly.

"Why would you write an apology to Isabelle?" he questioned.

"Because she was wrongly accused."

"And how do you know this?"

"Well let's look at the facts," I said thoroughly enjoying my role as police officer.  I paced back and forth along the width of the hall. "Is, or Isabelle, was accused of threatening the royal marriage. How had she threatened it?"

"You were involved with her," Uncle Harold said playing his role of questionee.

I stopped pacing and turned to face him. "Was I? That's funny. I thought I would remember that if it happened. But it didnt."

"I was presented with proof and acted accordingly," Uncle Harold said getting really annoyed with me now. I guess my whole cop thing was less fun for him than it was for me.

"And what kind of proof was that? Photos are the most legitimate, but I know there arent any."

"I was shown a voice recording of a conversation you had with Isabelle."

"A recording!" I said with a fake gasp. My hand flew to my mouth and my other clutched my stomach. "No!" I went back to being as serious as I could be while pertending to be a cop. "And what did we say in this recording?"

"Something about if you could keep doing what you were doing now that Jessica was living here or something," Uncle Harold said waving his hand. Most people would suspect that there was more when he did this, but I knew it meant he didn’t know anymore.

I started pacing again. "So with no real proof except a phone conversation we had had, you decided it would be best to kick Izzy out of the castle?"

Uncle Harold tried to push past me to continue on to where ever he had been going before I ambushed him.

He sighed. "That is exactly what I thought," he admitted.

"So, I propose we send Izzy an apology and then give her a fair trial." Is had thought of this idea earlier after we had decided that it would be good for her and Josh to fake date.

"You just want an excuse to see your little girlfriend again," my uncle spat out. He really did not like being told what to do.

"Yes as much as I want to see my friend again, this is completely about giving her a chance to explain the supposed proof you have," I said with confidence. Is had told me (well actually Josh) that I had to rehearse everything I was going to say before I did because if I came of strong there would be a better chance of getting my way.

"What about you? Can you explain it to me right now?" Uncle Harold questioned.

“Well I could, but I don’t know what was in the recording so…” I shrugged.

“Fine, set up a trial then,” Uncle Harold said with a huff before continuing past me.

“So tomorrow at one?” I asked Josh. He had been walking behind me and had ducked into a room when my uncle had appeared. He was playing messenger between Is and I. Liam had driven him here and he was waiting just down the street. Liam didn’t know anything but he was doing it for Izzy.