「29th period」: ignorance time

Start from the beginning

Fujioka was somehow like Kanzaki, I had to admit that they were both gentle and quiet. Although she was tad bit more clumsy and a tad bit more honest. It was just one of her lovable aspects.

"You two are together?" I asked them politely.

"We found out that we live nearby each other just recently" she explained. And I just smiled at the thought of their increasing closeness.

At least something was progressing between them unlike the other two.

"She's prone to trouble. I feel like something bad might happen to her. Like that time I saw her being picked up by guys" Itona replied nonchalantly. "So sometimes we walk home together".

"I see" I smiled at the two.

"What about you, Okuda-san?" Fujioka asked me.

"I'm waiting for Iroha-chan", I said.

Speaking of which, Karma noticed our group near the entrance of the main building and made his way over.

"Okuda-san~" he called me.

"Ah, Karma-kun" I greeted.

"I thought you were walking home with Nagisa and the others?" Itona noted.

"I was, but I saw a pretty interesting crowd" he said, most likely referring to us. "You three are the last group of people I'd expect to be friends".

"Well, I'm just here because of her" Itona motioned towards Fujioka. "We kinda kept in touch after that sports festival incident".

"I was just greeting Okuda-san" she added.

"While, I'm here waiting for Iroha-chan" I explained.

"Wait, you two are friends?" Karma motioned to the both of us.

"Iroha-chan introduced us to each other" I told him.

"I see" he uttered. "Where is she anyways?".

"I heard that the Chairman wanted to talk to her" Fujioka answered for me. "Is the rumor true? Iroha-chan's said to be transferring to Class D".

With that, we, three 3-E students, looked at her waiting for her to take back her statement. But she didn't do so at all.

Right on time, my phone buzzed, and I took it out from my pocket.

-

From: Inukai Iroha
Subject: n/a

Manami, something came up. Sorry but could you go ahead?

-
the text said.

I noticed Karma peer at my phone as well.

"Is it really true?" He asked Fujioka.

"It's just a rumor" she assured him.

"Karma, do you like her?" Itona asked bluntly.

That's what we wanted to ask, Fujioka and I gave off a vibe.

Somehow I just couldn't put it into words.

"Who knows?" the guy answered vaguely before turning to me.

"Let's go, I'll accompany you guys in her place" he told us.

"O-Oh okay..."

✖︎●✖︎

It's been a day since then, but Iroha wasn't acting as weird as I expected. Maybe it was really just a rumor, I thought in relief.

Today was the day we had to answer our future planning survey. But with one look at it, Iroha immediately crumpled the sheet of paper.

"Burn, burn, burn" she chanted lighting a match as she tried to turn her paper into ash at the back of the room.

"I-Iroha-chan" I attempted to stop her as Karma restrained her from doing so.

"Some things aren't meant to be answered" she muttered as the atmosphere suddenly turned dark and heavy.

"You're exaggerating. Korosensei's giving us career counseling, so it'll be fine" Kayano tried to cheer her up.

"That octopus isn't going to help me with my future at all" Iroha mumbled pessimistically.

"You don't have to go to that extent. I'm in the same boat after all" Nagisa sighed and immediately Iroha's dark aura was blown away.

"Nagisa" she sobbed dramatically, "ah~ at least someone understands me".

"Well, even I don't have plans for the future yet" Sugino agreed.

"Hm...the future, huh?" Kayano wondered, before Iroha took her paper back from Karma, shoving it into one of her pockets before sliding the window open.

"Karma, I'm skipping, make something up for me" she said quickly before escaping through the window.