「3rd period」: investigation time

Start from the beginning

"That color, his laugh... Make no mistake: It's a fake Sensei! The old hero-movie bad-guy trope in action!" Fuwa exclaimed.

The two looked at her sheepishly and I almost sweat dropped if only she hadn't followed with something that actually made sense.

"So the culprit is someone deeply familiar with Korosensei" the girl guessed before turning to Ritsu, "Ritsu, look for clues with me!".

The 2D girl immediately changed her clothes to go with the mood, saluting, "Sure!".

"Something along those lines, anyway. I don't know why they'd do something like this---" Karma agreed, walking up to Terasaka to put an elbow on his shoulder, "---but if this rumor rides our bountied buddy out of town, we'll loose everything".

"It's obviously a set up... And yet, you're still willing to go?" I accidentally said out loud, noticing how he was starting to convince people to go.

Well, I was sure of one thing. 'I definitely don't want to get dragged into this.'

'To pull up a crime in which all the evidences are brought in the open made it pretty clear that someone's pulling everybody's strings. To be lured out by the bait is just downright stupid, and to even concern yourself would be more than bothersome---'

"Iroha-chan, you should come along too~" Karma interrupted my thoughts with such a simple invite, leaving me dumbfounded.

'What?'

"E-eh?" I manage to speak out.

Karma smirked, "We could make use of your company~ It seems like you're pretty confident that it's a set up after all".

"Well, all the clues lead to that, right?" I tried to play dumb.

"That's true... But you could help us a lot with the investigation so why don't you come along after all, Inukai-chan?" Fuwa smiled at me.

"A-alright" I gave in hesitantly, unable to decline like Terasaka. As if I could decline when everybody's so pumped up about it. That would just ruin my act, tch.

"Let's beat the real criminal silly and put that octopus in our debt~" Karma said, making Fuwa, Ritsu and Nagisa all agree in unison, "Yeah!".

"Forever Flat" Kayano mumbled with a dark aura in the background.

Just what are they dragging me into?

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

              As much as I wanted to ditch these guys, I had no choice but to play along with them. Once the sun set, we had decided to meet up and witness the real thief's doing, Fuwa leading the way.

"The great detective has arrived, practically grown-up in body and mind!" she announced excitedly as we hid behind a car.

"All we're doing is using parkour to trespass" Nagisa deadpanned.

"Even so, I didn't expect Ms. Model Student to be so calm about trespassing~" Karma referred to me, teasingly.

"Well, I expected that we'd do at least this much" I whispered, when in truth, I was quite used to doing these kinds of things.

"Hey, Fuwa, how do you know the culprit's gonna strike here next?" Terasaka asked, averting my attention to Fuwa.

"This is a camp facility for certain pro entertainers. A big-busted idol group has been here for two weeks practicing their latest dance routines" she explained.

"Yes" Ritsu added, "and based on the suspect's disposition, there's a 99.78 percent probability this place is in his sight".

Fuwa continued, "And tomorrow's the last day of camp! No way will our man let these top-notch trophies get away".

"Aha..." Terasaka seemed to get it.

And for a couple of moments, we noticed Korosensei dressed up in some weird get up.

"Korosensei!" Nagisa was the first to react, "Is he after the real thief, too?

"Sure looks like a thief in that get up" Terasaka scoffed.

'He had a point there.'

"Look!" Fuwa pointed out, "He's so mad at the actual culprit, he's looking at the underwear and getting all worked up!".

"I just can't see him as anything but the bad guy" Terasaka admitted, and I had to say that I could understand why.

But after noticing a suspicious presence, I tugged on Karma's sleeve and pointed to the man wearing a weird yellow helmet.

"Hey, over there..." Karma told them.

"Someone's here!" Kayano exclaimed quietly.

Nagisa noted, "A big guy with a yellow head!".

"The way he carries himself--- he's no ordinary guy!" Terasaka uttered as the helmet head, started taking bra's that were set to dry.

"Uh-oh! He's getting away" Kayano said before Korosensei jumped out and caught him.

"Gotcha! So you disguised yourself as me and did things I only wish I could have done!" the octopus stood on him, making sure he wouldn't be able to escape, "I'll strip you naked and take care of you from stem to stern!".

"This may be even worse than being a bra thief" Nagisa stated.

"The reports got his laugh exactly right~" Karma chuckled.

"That's what you're concerned about?" I sweat dropped, turning back to what that octopus was up to.

"Now show your face, you impostor!" He exclaimed removing the guy's helmet.

"Somehow that guy looks familiar" I mumbled.

"I-Isn't that... Karasuma-sensei's underling?" Kayano confirmed my suspicions.

"You... But why would--- " Korosensei looked at the man quite surprised only to be trapped in a pen almost immediately.

'I knew it. This was a trap. And that octopus fell into it like a bird in a cage.'

              "I negotiated with the government to borrow one of Karasuma-sensei's men. He lured you right into this pen of anti-Sensei sheets. It's what your students did on that southern island. Youngsters have such limber minds. First confine, then strike. Now, then, Korosensei. Let your final death match begin" Another man appeared. He was dressed in white, every part of his body covered in white sheets, making it difficult to distinguish who he was.

"Korosensei," another guy, who was about our age, jump into the pen, his hair emitting tentacles "compared to me you are weak".