In Flight Entertainment (Dean x Reader)

Summary: This is an idea I came up with after a long overseas flight. Basically Dean wants to take the reader on a trip, and it involves flying. As the reader knows, Dean has a fear of flying and she helps him get through the flight.

Reader Sex: Female

Reader Gender: Any

Pairing: Dean x Reader

Word Count: 3,794

Warnings: Language, Dean's fear of flying, smut, public sex, airplane sex, bathroom sex

Fic:

For your one year anniversary, Dean had surprised you with two tickets to the one place you had always wanted to go. You'd had your heart set on going there ever since you were little, but being a hunter didn't afford you the luxury of travel. For weeks, you'd been preparing for this trip. You packed and planned; everything was ready to go, except Dean.

The closer it got to the day you were supposed to leave, the more anxious Dean seemed to get. "It's nothing, I'm fine," Dean told you over and over again, but you knew he was lying. You knew about Dean's fear of flying and even though he didn't want to admit it, you knew the mere thought of flying was getting to him.

"Dean, we don't have to fly," you tell him as you place the final pieces of clothing into your bag and zip it closed.

"I already bought the tickets," Dean says, shrugging as if he's not bothered by the upcoming flight, "We can't return them now."

"If you're uncomfortable then I don't want to force you into it," you tell him, "We could always ask Cas to zap us there."

"Where's the fun in that?" Dean asks with a forced smile, "Like you said, half the fun of travel is actually getting there." You knew he was doing this for you. Every time you talked about traveling, you talked about what it would be like to fly there; to see the buildings, landmarks, and ocean from above.

"That's the thing though," you respond as you move to take his hand in yours, "Traveling should be fun. I know flying makes you uncomfortable and I don't want to put you through the stress if I don't have to."

"Don't worry about me Baby," Dean says, wrapping his arms around your waist, "I'll be fine. Besides, I have you to keep me safe right?" He gives you a nervous smile before leaning in to kiss you.

"It'll be ok, I promise," you assure him.

***

With each step closer to the plane, Dean gets more and more nervous. You're afraid security might stop him because he looks so shifty. "Dean, everything is fine," you tell him, slipping your hand into his, "I'm right here." Dean gives you a nervous smile as you lead him to the gate.

When the plane finally loads, you're happy to see it's mostly empty. Taking a red eye did have its advantages. You're seated near the back of the plane, a distance from other passengers. Dean helps you place your bags in the overhead compartment before you take your seats.

As soon as Dean sits down, his hands grip the armrests, his nerves already getting the better of him. You talk to him, trying to soothe him, but it doesn't seem to help. A flight attendant comes by to check that everything is in order before telling you to direct your attention to the safety video.

"Shit," Dean whispers as the plane begins to move. The plane taxis as the video continues. "Why would anyone even want to be in one of these death traps?" Dean asks, "There's a million ways to die on this thing."

"Statistically speaking, flying is safer than driving," you point out, trying to distract him.

"Hey!" Dean responds, "Are you trying to say that Baby isn't safe?"