Part 9

Part 9

I woke up, by Nathan's side. He had his arms around my waist and my hands and face were on his chest. I tried to get up but his arms were too tight.

His face was so peaceful. I didn't feel like waking him up. I just had to get out of his grip without waking him. I wriggled around in his arms, finally managing to get out of his grip.

“You do know I woke up as soon as you start to get out.” Nathan mumbled from the bed.

I gaped at him. He had looked so peaceful!!!

“No!” I said, shocked.

He only smiled in return. Someone knocked at the door, as I got out of Nathan's bed.

"Come in." Nathan said, his voice husky, but not from sleep.

"Hey, Nathan!! I can't find—" said Kate with entering.

"Oh." she said, when she saw me.

"Guys!!! I found her!!!" Kate screamed outside.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"We all woke up so went to look for you but you weren't in your room so we searched the house, thinking you were lost, or something. We decided to wake up Nathan and ask him, and we found you! What are you doing on his room by the way?" Kate said, all at once.

"We were just talking." I said.

"Right." she said, stretching it as far she could.

“I’m serious, Kate!” I told her.

David, Alex and Alec all came into Nathan's room.

"We should have checked Nathan's room first." David said, like it was the most obvious thing to do.

The kids ran over to us, I picked up Alex and Nathan picked up Alec. Kate and David "Awed.

"You know, they kind of look like your kids. I wish they were!" Kate commented.

"Shut up, Kate." Nathan said, annoyed.

"Well! Are you making breakfast?" she said offended first and then hungry.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a bit." he said.

They both raced downstairs as we took Alex and Alec to their room. I changed Alex, while Nathan changed Alec. They brushed their teeth and hair and raced downstairs.

I went to my room, with Nathan following.

“Um, can you leave, so I can change?” I said, feeling awkward.

"Oh. Uh. Yeah." he said, leaving, also awkwardly.

I quickly changed, tied my hair into a high ponytail and brushed my teeth. I decided to take a shower when we got back home.

I walked down the stairs in a red flowing shirt, it started out fitting at the top and flowing out at the bottom and jeans.

"Wow!!! You look pretty!!" Kate said.

"Thanks." I mumbled, embarrassed.

Nathan was cooking so his back was to me. I went up behind him, stood on my tippy toes, with my hands on his shoulders, and whispered in his ear.

"Good morning."

He seemed startled at my so close proximity. He turned around and our bodies were touching. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Whoa." was the only coherent thing he could say.

"Hi!" I said, cheerfully.

I was a bit confused by his reaction but I chose to ignore it, as if he hadn’t said anything.