Part 29

Sorry for not uploading guys!!!!!!! I really did get caught up in life. Good thing was that I had two teacher workdays so I had time to get this out. Our Life, Our Secret, Our Story will up tomorrow or later. I'm sorry. 

Recap: 

“I love you Alice.” He replied.

I didn’t want to reply, so I pretended to be asleep. Soon enough, I did fall asleep.

Not even an hour later, I was awoken by someone moving. I quickly woke up.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up, but I have to get ready for the conference.” Nathan said, while I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

“Oh, ok.” I said, getting up.

“Don’t get up, go back to sleep. My conference doesn’t start for a while.” Nathan spoke, heading to his suitcase.

“I want to see you leave, plus so would the kids.” I said, going into the kid’s room to wake them up.

“Daddy’s leaving. Don’t you want to see him before he leaves?” I told them, after they refused to get up.

They instantly got up to say goodbye to Nathan.

“I’m not leaving just yet, but I’m happy that you would wake up so quickly for me.” Nathan smiled at them, as they ran rushing towards them.

Nathan was dressed in a business suit of sorts, since this occasion was formal. The kids gawked at him. They weren’t used to either of us dressing up too much.

“Is this press conference a big deal?” Alec asked, confused.

“Not for me, because I’d rather be here with you guys but for everyone else is it.” Nathan replied, picking both of them up in his arms.

We sat down in the living room, to watch some TV. Nathan found the channel he would be going on, and we left it at that, just chatting a bit till he had to leave.

When he had to leave he gave each of us a kiss on the cheek and left, saying when he got back he’d have a surprise for each of us. This got us all curious.

The kids and I went back to the living room to wait for Nathan to come on. I could tell, this wouldn’t end well, but I wouldn’t let the kids know. I had a bad feeling about this.

>.< Life totally gets in the way of my uploading. Blame it on life :P lol jk. Next Chapter right here: 

Part 29

Nathan’s POV

I had left the kids and Alice just a little while ago, but I could already tell that things wouldn’t be going well for us today. Alice and I had been thinking the same thing apparently, because when I got into the elevator, before it started moving down, I could feel her thoughts. She had the same intuition I did. I just hoped that, if anything bad was going to happen, it would happen after the conference. I wasn’t sure what I could do to get it out if Alice got hurt. I would probably have to just run out of there, which I would gladly do and without a second’s hesitation, but there would be recuperations. I just hoped it wouldn’t come down to that. I had to protect her, but it would be a help if I could protect her and the company.

As I arrived to the location, a couple of hours early, Steve and Dave met at me at the podium. Everyone, meaning all the press, had arrived already and was setting up for the conference.

“Glad you’re early. This Alice really has changed you.” Steve commented.

“Why are you talking about her all the time?” I growled out.