[Chapter 164]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 165)

"Wait this place is just near Kuoh, well a few mile drive at least to our home." Lumine remarked while she looks at the map that was being displayed in their room, the one prepared for them by the head of the coastal branch... near Kuoh.

It was quite a coincidence that they were near Aether and Lumine's home, though the place was a bit off from the town itself... given the purpose it was built for which was a maritime academy while being a massive research lab in disguise.

Massive quanta energies emanated from the underground and undersea facilities built beneath the academy, the place being heavily fortified and well armed... ensuring no one can invade said facility.

Doing so could cost them a lot of lives in the process, the defenses built across the coastal branch was meant to stand off against even higher threats such as dragons, gods, and super devils the likes of Sirzech... who was the most strongest.

Well at least in the eyes of the devil race he was there greatest trump card and deterrent to ensure that no one would dare to attack the devils... which they've been proven wrong after the last attack.

Their territory was in chaos and was left occupied to even be able to do anything with the outside world, the continued siege of the honkai and now the quanta was taking away most of their attention.

Which was good for heaven... they won't be able to even replenish their peerages, not when sacred gears became rare now and there return was scarce with the majority right under the church control.

The other few sacred gear that were not controlled by the church was out there being incognito or were independent but is either allied or were supported by the church... despite not being affiliated.

It at least kept them away from the devil or fallen or other factions that Heaven has no interest in forming an alliance or partnership either due to the past sins or differences, makimg them unsuitable.

Their ideologies and beliefs also clashed with heaven who were more on letting humanity shape their own fate without constant interference or control over their life that a few other factions want.

Something Heaven won't allow... the age of gods had long ended and to continue their nonsensical reign when they have proven that they couldn't even properly rule or to properly guide all of mankind.

The disasters of the past, alongside their own inadequacy and decadence had spurned the end of their age... shunning their needs as humanity transitioned to their own age without needing the Gods.

Which was proven to be a mistake, since the gods found themselves unable to regain their former power and falling to their own hubris, desperate to cling to power that they've all lost upon this age.

Such an age has long ended and it would not return... not now or ever, this was the destiny ordained upon them by their own actions, man's faith to the pantheons of old has long since faltered.

"Oh?! That means we will be able to visit mom and dad." Lumine further added with a smile ok her face as she looked at the map, their room was spacious with a few sets of enclosed energy walls to separate and gave privacy for each one.

Nearly looking likes walls at that, but it's a mandatory rule nowadays among St. Freya as this wasn't the first time that the school or its many branches had put two genders in the same room, there are securities to stop any... unwanted issues.

"Maybe later Lumine." Aether replied as he shifts his focus towards the holo-map projected over the table. "So what's going to be our first task?" He asked as he turn to the others who just shrugged.