[Chapter 73]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 074)

"For a ship bigger than us it sure seemed light to tug back to base." Hornet comments while sitting her carrier having reverted back after the battle had ended and were dragging the Akula.

Several chains which they had managed to lock in place through magnet beams given that none of their gear could even pierce it armor nor there was barely a scratch on it's pain, a marvelous wonder that had no doubt boggled many people.

This was also the first time they've even manage to capture a fog ship... after a century of efforts and continous conflict mankind had manage to capture one of their fierce enemy new unique warship.

A warship that seemed to be a hybrid of a cruiser and a submarine, it's unique and weapons placement made many salivate the knowledge they would be able to gain from the fog captured ship.

The fact it was alone was what made the fleet lucky enough to to obtain it.. even if things didn't go according to plan, the end result still satisfied many... though some feel suspicious of the fog warship.

Fearing that it may just be giving them a false hope before striking their naval base to shatter said hope they had now... though reasonable enough but most are just joyful for the... successful operation.

Given how the operation none could say they was truly successful given that the fleet manage to caught the ship or Hipper to be exact managed to enter the ship's inner confine which was... empty.

A worrisome fact that made many think that the fog doesn't operate in the same method as normal beings would... following a similar yet also different principle compared to the other enemy.

Some guess artifical intelligence but that was thrown of the water when Hipper confirmed the ship has no artifical intelligence instead runs on a hyper adapting algorithm that evolves rapidly.

To say it absurd was an understatement, the computation power studies by their most intellectual kansens that had been present were stunned by it's incomprehensible coding that makes no sense no matter how hard they've tried.

The ship cyberwarfare defenses was just impossible to break much less even gain access without frying their equipments, it makes one wonder how Hipper even manage to shutdown the ship which made it both... suspicious and confusing.

The inner confine of the ship is complex almost like a labyrinth that would have been hard to navigate, most think it's by pure luck that Hipper managed to even find the warship's... deactivation system.

Either that or this unique class ship was still in a stage of development and they just so happen to caught at its most vulnerable moment... which was more believable due to some oddity, mostly from a few empty space within the ship.

Spaces... that many believed to be meant for other important systems that hadn't been integrated to the ship... a fact that's all the more scary knowing the warship they were going to fight was not at it's full power... which made many shudder.

One, can only imagine the destruction it could have wrought on them had the ship been at it's full power... the fleet would have no doubt have been wiped out by the Akula... within mere minutes.

Many even think that it would have not taken it long for such a warship to kill them and not passing a minute, no one disagree given a common fog destroyer can easily decimate a fleet of 30 kansen.

One wonders what a unique ship would be capable of at it's full power... no one has seen or fought a unique ship only tales spread out by those foolish enough to thread deeply into the fogs territories.