[Chapter 118]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 119)

"Where... where am I?" Aether awoke to see himself surrounded by strange pillars that stretch above the clouds... he stood on top a strange stone ruin with unknown carvings that he couldn't even identify what it was or where he was on.

He felt as though the place was familiar to her which was strange since he had never remembered going to such a place as he looked around he found himself all alone... no one to be seen aside from the strange place that he found himself.

"What is this place?" He wondered as he observed the strange surrounding that is as alien as the way it gives off to him... all he knew was the place felt heavenly as if it is representing something... great.

He took his steps looming around while he wondered what had happened before he lost consciousness right when Yuma and her companions attempted to kill him, which just made Aether shiver.

Remembering that he had nearly been at death's doors... unil something happened that stopped their attempt of killing him or perhaps he was imagining and he truly had 'died' without realizing.

"No... that couldnt be... I-I cant not now." He muttered not wanting to beleive that he really had died and was now finding himself on a path to heaven which was reasonable... given he didn't want to die.

However circumstances had lead him to where he is now... he couldn't understand... what Yuma? She possess a pair of black wings, but what does even that indicate? Aether doesn't even know.

To him Yuma was just simply a monster in disguise, using her false charms just so she could seduce and kill Issei which was unfortunate for the latter, he may be a pervert but he didn't deserve death.

He wonders if there were more of those that were like Yuma... killing innocent lives for their own twisted amusements? It made his stomach churn at the mere thought of knowing other people dying.

At the hands of monsters no less, Aether became the unfortunate victim of said monsters. "Lumine..." He wonders about his sister, his twin who had been at the park, along with Ganyu and her freinds.

Were they alright? Have those monsters caught up to them? Did they escape? He has so many questions ask... but couldn't do so, not when he was in an unfamiliar territory that Aether doesn't even know.

It was both frustrating and confusing as he wondered further how he ended up in this situation... losing consciousness only to awake in an unfamiliar place he doesn't even know where and what it is.

"I really wish that there's a clue to why I am here." Aether muttered as he further investigate the place, knowing that simply doing nothing would not help his predicament and thus it was better to go and look around... to find some answers.

Answers that he desperately needed in a confusing time like this, his own worry for his sister and their friends adding up to the growing worry and confusing that he so desperately wish to be resolved as soon as possible... before it will escalate.

He knew what desperation could drive a man or much less a young teen like him, he definitely and clearly doesn't want to be driven into madness, nope he prefers to stay sane and healthy than to be mad.

[Gnosis-Bearer has reach optimal level of synchrosis, preparing further integration of Eidolon.] One moment Aether was fine... then he felt a strange sensation on his hand. "Ha? My hand?!" An emblem was carved behind the back of his hand.

Both hands in fact, he panic upon seeing the strange glow that formed on his hands... strange symbols that he couldn't identify began to take form. "Gah! Stop! W-What the hell is t-this on my hands?!" The process continue for a few seconds.