[Chapter 115]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 116)

The blast slowly faded, as the explosion died down the fleet a hundred miles away continue to monitor the situation, wondering whether or not the bomb had killed the fog ship as their Admiral had hoped... they truly needed to know.

"Damn... that was one hell of a blast." An officer remarked seeing the giant smoke that's rising a hundred miles away, there the blast completely decimated the surrounding waters, large swats vanish, erased until not even an atom remained.

The waters began receding... crashing as they fill the empty gap of the sea that the bomb had just vaporized leaving not even any remains of the Fog ship they'd been tasked to hunt down as they watch.

Systems were static due to the effects of the blast briefly scrambling any sensors due to the immense energy pulse that had been unleashed, a semi-emp though they were lucky that they're still online.

Otherwise... the fleet would haven stuck for a while before their engines started again after recovering from the blast, fortunately they've designed ships their ships to withstands a large blast of emp.

The Fog fleet alone carried weapons that utterly silence ship with a single blast, they were walking bombs themselves as getting close to even one fog ship would be lethal/suicidial for any naval officer.

They could resist and handled what was essentially high yielded concentration of energy... no one could comprehend how the fog achieve such a feat that allowed their ships to create a potent 'EMP Field'.

And that is just by there mere presence, a 20 miles radius which silence any and all electronic devices or scrambles them to make any usage if it impossible, which put mankind in a vulnerable spot.

It was also the reason why the fleet was not getting close to Akula, being close to her would mean game over for them, none knew the ranger of her EMP Field and no one was willing to try testing it.

Only an insane person would try commit such a suicidal attempt and that's not even mentioning if they'll survive or get close to a fog ship as many in the past had tried and learned the consequences.

A fog ship is always on the move and not to mention the defenses set in place that shoot any human that try to board it, whether it be subtle or not no one could safely board or much less get close to it.

They'll be killed, before that can happen as seen by many before who had done such an attempt, all of which failed to a terrible degree before people had to be band from attempting such an act again.

"With that kind of blast... do you think it is still alive?" Asked a crewman within Benjamin's command deck. they all look at the giant mushroom cloud that erupted just a mere hundred miles away.

"There's no way that thing can survive a bomb of that yield." Benjamin begged to differ... he knows what the fog could do, the action that Marcus just took was not a wise decision no he just made it worse.

"We can't be to sure yet... that ship could have survive and we simply dont know." Benjamin would agree with his words as one thing he learned about the fog, they never go die so easily even to such a potent bomb that humanity had created.

The fog always comes back, otherwise if a Neutron Warhead was all being was needed to kill a fog they would've used all of their stockpiles by now, then again this was the first time that a 'Neutron Warhead' was used against a Fog vessel.

Benjamin however was left concerned if the bomb worked or not, he was more horrified and livid as the possible death of his student, Johan was no doubt furious and in grief... if he was watching.