[Chapter 134]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 135)

"Eaah!!" Lumine charged towards Julius with a sword made of light cackling with energy while the latter stood there with an unfazed look on his face as he prepared to block Lumines strike that was aiming to strike poorly on his neck.

"Your moves are a bit sloppy." Was all he said before swinging his spear which collides with Lumine's energy blade, the collision caused sparks of energy that cackled briefly before Lumine was then thrown backward by the resulting clash.

"Waaaah!!!" She was sent flying through the air, losing balance as the mere swipe of the latter was enough to deal a swift yet decisive blow on her poorly attempt to even put a single blow towards Julius.

The latter being more experienced since having been trained at a young age due to being part of the church since he was young, having been mentored by senior exorcists who held a belt of experiences.

He held many years of experience while Lumine barely could stand up to the rookies of the church, her moves were a bit sloppy and full of flaws that he could easily use to his advantage to defeat her.

Then again, Lumine had only begun her training as an Exorcist not too long ago so Julius couldn't really blame the girl... he held the same experience when he'd been new and only started as a Exorcist.

So as the latter falls and tumbles toward the ground her sword clattering a meter away from her, Julius set to change his stances and prepared for her next strike while also trying assess to her weakness.

Every flaw that he could see would help in training Lumine to cover or remove those flaws, once she has of course start learning the proper moves that fitted her as each exorcists has a unique style.

Julius was no different and the amount of rigorious training just to learn the proper style he needed in a fight to help him in combat took time, he hadn't even mastered it yet, given that it wasn't easy.

"That's the seventh time now! Won't you stop throwing me like I'm some ragdoll!" Lumine complained as she regained her footing while dusting off the dust that's caught across her custom-made-uniform.

Due to her status of being the twin sister of the Emanator she at least has a few privileges that she could use though it is not much, still I was enough to keep her a life of luxury if Lumine had wanted to.

Though surprisingly she is not one to be indulging in luxury as most would had they been given the offer, her request is different, since she wanted to be taught and learn to become a proper 'exorcist'.

Most if Lumine's request was acceptable due to it being focused on improving herself... which pleased Lady Guizhong who had become the girl's mentor, a privilege that even he hadn't experience but Julius a devoted exorcist of the Lord.

There is no need for envy upon another, they serve to fulfill the duty given to them by God... they were his hammer to strike the infidels that dared to corrupt and torment humanity, they were made to become the 'guardians' of humanity.

Stalwart protectors and humanity's first measure of defense against the tide of sin and corruption that seek to fester on humanity, the bulwark against the chaos that seeked to consume their kind.

There is no greater pleasure than to him than to serve and fulfill the duty bestowed upon him by the Lord who till now watches over humanity, guiding them in times of many and to send forth his angels when the need arise for them.

Lumine though devoted or not still held a principle the all exorcist must abide to... protecting mankind this a universal truth amongst their ranks to betray this tenet is to stray from the light of God and to do so was to seek out damnation.