[Chapter 102]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 103)

"Looks like we're close now." Mari spoke as she observed through the window, the sight of the Saderan Empire capital ahead as they slowly closed in. "Strange, why is the skies growing dark?" Shino asks out noticing the dark clouds above.

The light grew dimmer as time passes by and they hear the whistle of the wind, the rustling of leaves across distant trees and the echoes of the waves crashing... wait what? Itami eyes quickly turned to the direction of the noise had just heard.

"What the?! Is that the ocean?! Why am I hearing this now? Better yet... where is it coming from?" He questioned feeling the gnawing worry within him as he felt the noise & sensation to be... familiar to him.

It was almost as if they were here, but it shouldn't be possible... Itami had heard of them being so occupied with personal matters that they had instead sent their army down to deal with any issues here.

They shouldn't be here, much less try be left unnoticed especially when on has to consider the fact that said individuals aren't just normal beings, but their own status means they are important people.

They were both the commander in chief of a sub-branch of an extradimensional military... why would they even be here in the first place without any forewarning about their sudden arrival.

It wouldnt make any sense to him, much less question why would he think that they would be here of all places? Maybe it's because of the familiarity that he was feeling as the noise... echoed louder.

It was getting stronger, not to mention it was being followed by the beating of trumpets from the distant. "What in my ancestors name? Am I going crazy?" Itami questioned himself as he listened.

If he was going crazy, then he would not have been thinking straight... he simply would've acted irrationality without any reason why, they would have crashed by now if the others... noticed his behavior.

Itami would have been acting violently... not to mention strangely crazy and not like his normally calm behavior that he knew... so he wasn't going crazy, but what exactly is happening around him?

Luckily for the man himself, he was not the only who was wondering of the strange noises around him, reliving him of his worries regarding whether or not he's going crazy for listening to nothing.

Saving from the self imposed belief that he had gone mad for he did not... he could've surely have become a madman born from false misunderstanding that Itami himself had bought upon himself.

"Hey... uh, guys do either of you hear the sounds of waves crashing? If not am I going crazy?" Takeo asked nervously the others giving him a look that says Takeo wasnt the only who had heard the noise.

"Wait! You hear it to? I thought I was the only one hearing it." Shino exclaimed as she sighs in relief realizing that she isn't the only who thought that they heard of the calling of seas... echoing within their minds enrapturing them by its melodies.

"Sir... doesn't this seem familiar to you?" Soichiro questioned a worry no doubt noticeable on his face as Itami nodded a memory that the melody they hear was reminding them as it grew louder as the minutes passed. "Yes... It definitely does."

A chilling omen that they cant deny... its a sign of something terrible... after all nothing good happened when they were first assigned into the special region ever since the gate... sudden appearance.

"Sir... I'm not liking where this is going... especially the sky above." Shino pointed out as the light became even dimmer as the clouds continued to coalesce above, darkening the skies with their presence. "But atleast there's no thunder a storm."