[Chapter 146]

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
(Log 147)

"Uwaah!!" Lumine look with stars in her eyes at the sight of St. Freya Academy as soon as they were teleported by Apocryphos, having opted to using a much faster means of travel rather than just having to travel out the normal way.

Fortunately they have been expected by St. Freya given they were the ones to invite Aether and Kiana along with their friends and siblings who became aware of the supernatural side of the world, the group looks at the massive academy.

The white marble foundation that make up the massive building which was only the entrance to the wider academy from what they had manage to gather based in the internet and from Zhongli's word.

Lady Guizhong and the others had given seem other useful information regarding the school that no one aside of those who study within said academy that becomes aware of the supernatural.

It was designed to prepare humanity for the wider side of reality, beyond the little corner that they had been living in for over many millenia since they have been created, after the world was made.

Exorcists or independents that are being supported by the church and other organizations affiliated or were allied to heaven work to maintain order across the planet against the supernatural race.

The human grand order as it was called, humanity's belief was a powerful source of sustenance that empower and sustains various creatures, especially the gods who'd been made by humanity.

Ancients born from the desire of man, a being that embodies the collective ideals of mankind or at least those that came before the current generations of man... before they long abandoned those Gods.

Either because their own civilization fell or a much greater Pantheon had taken their worshippers from them, this was how mankind live back in ancient times when God had not intervened back then.

Being a neutral player when mankind at the time seem to live a prosperous life... until the fallen, devils and the gods born of mankind's desires, thoughts or ideals started fighting one another... for power.

Putting humanity into a time of war and suffering as the gods competed with one another, using mankind as proxies for their twisted games, pulling humanity to fight... against their families and friends.

Bonds were shattered over greed, power and lust for their desire tempted by the gods of old but the fallen and devils had played a major role in mankind's suffering for millenias since they sinned.

Falling from heaven after being tempted by the serpent, committed the second grievous sin... when two brothers, one of which killed the other out of jealousy, which created the first murder.

God became proactive and choosing not only to remove the chaos brought on by the supernatural world in their failure to aid mankind... instead bringing down ruin and destruction that was unwanted by mankind at the time or even till now.

The end of the Age of Gods had been set, humanity would slowly but surely abandon their worship in pursuit of the more logic path that explains everything in a manner which the understood instead of the mysticism by the old gods.

Science as it would later be known... bit it's predecessors such as philosophy would form the basis of it... which leads to the downfall of the gods such as the Greeks, Babylonian, Romans, Egypt, Etc.

Some persist but their powers over what had been their peak in the old eras had long faded away, diminishing their own strength from the follies they've brought upon themselves, pride comes first before the fall, the gods exemplifies this.